Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blister like sores - anyone knows?

Sansai

blister like sores - anyone knows?

I noticed a marusei chagoi of mine has some sores on the base of both sides of her dorsal fin, pectoral muscles areas and also on her belly area (She is not lying on the bottom). Koi is very active and eating well. She is the only one having this problem.

Some years back a hobbyists from the Philippines posted on the Malaysian forum, that his marusei chagois developed some sore like growth which eventually killed the kois. He says it is peculiar to the marusei chagois when they reach 70+ cm.. my chagoi is 70cm at slightly over a year old.

I post some pictures of the sores. Can anyone shed some light on the sores or have similar experience with their marusei chagois?

Sorry I cant seem to upload pics ~110k size

TQ

Daihonmei
    Quote Originally Posted by hwong View Post
    I noticed a marusei chagoi of mine has some sores on the base of both sides of her dorsal fin, pectoral muscles areas and also on her belly area (She is not lying on the bottom). Koi is very active and eating well. She is the only one having this problem.

Some years back a hobbyists from the Philippines posted on the Malaysian forum, that his marusei chagois developed some sore like growth which eventually killed the kois. He says it is peculiar to the marusei chagois when they reach 70+ cm.. my chagoi is 70cm at slightly over a year old.

I post some pictures of the sores. Can anyone shed some light on the sores or have similar experience with their marusei chagois?

Sorry I cant seem to upload pics ~110k size

TQ

really an interesting detective story. See if you can get us a picture as descriptive words on a meeage board or in an email are 'in the eye of the beholder'.
    You might be describing a simple ulcer from aeromonas or pseudomonas infection, or carp pox or any of the pampilloma growths?

There is also a common virus that makes very well organized white spots on the body of a koi like wax candle droplets. And finally there are 'pimple like' growths that often mature to Hikkui over time but that is almost always on the beni cell concentrations within the dermis layer.

A picture can narrow all this down quite quickly. JR

Sansai
    Hi JR,

Hope this will work.blister like sores - anyone knows?-koi1.jpgblister like sores - anyone knows?-koi2.jpgblister like sores - anyone knows?-koi3.jpg

Daihonmei
    Hi JR,

Hope this will work.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Koi1.jpg 
Views:	492 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	37711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Koi2.jpg 
Views:	1210 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	37712Click image for larger version. 

Name:	koi3.jpg 
Views:	628 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	37713
    Good Evening Hwong,
    This looks more superficial and restricted to the epidermal regions ( not deep). It also looks like some hemorrhaging around those scales. I'm thinking parasite damage ( argulus mostly likely) as the sites for symptoms are known favorite spots for ecto-parasites to collect in. That can then be a monir skin infection on the damaged area. But that is just a guess I have not seem this exact look before. I'll try and do a little research for you. Be in touch,. JR

Sansai
    TQ JR for your reply..

Yes There are Hemorrhaging like on edges of the scales in a couple of areas on body as well. Look fwd to your findings.

Have you medicated this Koi recently?
    Those red patches near the dorsal look swollen, ?????

Sansai
    Yamato,

No I did not.

Sansai
    Yamato,

No I did not. Why do you ask?

Daihonmei
    Yamato,

No I did not. Why do you ask?
    sometimes, over doses from antibiotic injects will effect kidney function and skin can look red and bleeding * capillary level. But I don't think that is your koi's problem? JR

Some time medication can give you similar symptoms.
    Redness + inflammation is a sign of infection. I dont think infection can be genetically passed on .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast