Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: "You Be The Judge" Exercise now online

Just guessing of course: 3 - 4 - 1

Tosai
    We're very pleased that there seems to be some interest in our Kohaku judging study. Many have registered for AKJAonline, and have posted questions, comments, and rankings there. You of course can still enjoy the article, pictures, and judges' discussions without registering, but won't be able to participate in the comments area.

The discussion and rankings for the Quality section will be posted tonite. Mike Frady was team leader on this, and has done an excellent job, utilizing many close-up photos to illustrate his points. Please check it out, and enjoy!

Bryan

There has been less response for the quality section than conformation, I'm hoping thazt will not continue. I'm sure many more are watching than participating. Well, I'm just going to throw my comments out there, if I look like a fool, so be it. Won't be the first time, or the last. I'd be up for further discussion of the various points of the various fish.

The judge's comments seem comprehensive and easy to understand. Evaluating the shiroji can be problematical since the computer screen depiction will vary according to the angle of the screen, etc., but on a comparative basis it works.

Comment is made that a lesser quality skin can show up as being pinkish, and there is comment about a pinkish tone indicating a level of stress. The stress comments I understand. But, whether one sees a pinkish hue may differ from screen to screen. The quality comment I'm not so sure about. A hard white can show up as very white in a photo. Still, I have seen koi with a hard white prevail in shows because judged on the day. It is important to keep in mind how quality has been defined for the exercise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123