Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever use dimilin-x?

Anyone ever use dimilin-x?

the site im seeing it on says $48 worth treats 200,000 gallons.. seems too good to be true

Quote Originally Posted by Loco4Koi View Post
    the site im seeing it on says $48 worth treats 200,000 gallons.. seems too good to be true

In the past (many years ago) I used Dimilin powder to treat Koi for Lernaea and Argulus. A little went a long way.

Dimilin-X appears to be a liquid form.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco4Koi View Post
    Excellent for Lernea and argulus but I would not take a chance with it. The use of it is illegal so difficult to get hold of. If you use it not a good idea to adverise.
    Regards
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Eugeneg View Post
    Excellent for Lernea and argulus but I would not take a chance with it. The use of it is illegal so difficult to get hold of. If you use it not a good idea to adverise.
    Regards
    Eugene
    Apparently it is not that difficult to get. Go to eBay and do a search for Dimilin-X.

eBay Dimilin-X search <-- click here

I have not used Dimilin-X and do not know how it differs from Dimilin other than being liquid. I used Dimilin two years ago when anchor worm appeared in the pond. It was very effective and caused the fish no irritation. One treatment was all it took and there has been no return of the critters. A metabolite of Dimilin is a probable human carcinogen, so it is no longer readily available. If I had anchor worm or fish lice in the pond, I'd give the Dimilin-X a try. There is no reason to use it as a preventative and lots of reasons not to do so.

thank guys.... I went ahead and ordered it... I'm just restocking my medicine chest. I Ordered three bottles of 10% baytril from India, a gallon of Proform-C and 200grams of Aqua-Prazi.... I already have a ton of PP... is there anything I'm missing that I may need to keep on hand?

MCA
    Superverm can be a cheaper alternative to praziquantel. Get tricide neo to clean wounds and you might need a sedative like clove oil or MS-222.

Thanks.. I already ordered the prazi but will keep that jn mind until next time. I typically clean wounds with iodine followed by a dusting of denture powder then a spray of liquid bandaid. I dry the liquid bandaid for a few seconds with a hair dryer on the cool setting.. Also have plenty of clove oil... Anything else I need?

Oyagoi
    i understand people want to have things ready
    but guess my question is why so much stuff

3 bottles of baytril?

are you having problems or in past had a lot of problems.

guess i am more in the prevention mode and wonder the same for the need for so many medications.

is your filtration up to par,water changes,stocking rate,turn over,pond design to remove waste,feeding and overfeeding?
    just all the basics
    you are wrapping alot of money up in medicine but maybe should invest it elsewhere so need for medications is less.

Quote Originally Posted by pskorf View Post
    i understand people want to have things readybut guess my question is why so much stuff3 bottles of baytril?are you having problems or in past had a lot of problems.guess i am more in the prevention mode and wonder the same for the need for so many medications.is your filtration up to par,water changes,stocking rate,turn over,pond design to remove waste,feeding and overfeeding?just all the basicsyou are wrapping alot of money up in medicine but maybe should invest it elsewhere so need for medications is less.
    Im good for filtration and stocking density... I just believe in being prepared... That and these items are hard to come by locally... As for the baytril.. That was the smallest amount available at this online pharmacy..fyi, it is an overseas pharmacy that does not require a prescription for antibiotics... I have a 6000 gallon pond with a turnover rate of 20,500gph minus head pressure going through three different types of filtration... Ultima II 10,000, Bog and a shower.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast