Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Andrew's Koi SoCal event tomorrow - 5/4/13

  1. #1
    Honmei ricshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,653

    Andrew's Koi SoCal event tomorrow - 5/4/13

    ... and for the SoCal folks;

    Andrew's Koi annual growing contest and show on Saturday, May 4, 2014.

    Another good and fun event.

    See Andrew's Koi International for more info.


    • 8:00a.m. - 10:00a.m. - Enter your koi
    • 10:30 a.m. – 12:00pm – Koi Judging
    • 12:00 p.m. – 2:00pm - Mexican style BBQ beef & chicken, salad, fruits, soft drinks
    • 2:00p.m. – 3:00 p.m. - Awards presentations
    • over 1,500 high quality one year old Koi from Dainichi, Hoshikin, Isa, Ogata, Omosako, Sakai, Sakuma and Yohei Koi farms sizes between 7” to 12” will be for sale.

  2. #2
    Honmei ricshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,653
    The following awards will be presented to last year's customer's fish who are brought back for the show:



    1. Grand Champion – over all best growth & finished
    2. Super Growth – maintain good color & pattern (non single color)
    3. Best Finished
    4. Best in Gosankes
    5. Best Pattern Fish – Koromo, Gin Rin, etc.
    6. Best Non Pattern Fish – Ogon, Chagoi, Asagi, etc.
    7. Tategoi (A)
    8. Tategoi (B)
    9. Judge’s Award
    10. Andy’s Favorite

  3. #3
    Tategoi Louie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Anaheim Ca
    Posts
    353

    Talking grow out

    Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    ... and for the SoCal folks;

    Andrew's Koi annual growing contest and show on Saturday, May 4, 2014.

    Another good and fun event.

    See Andrew's Koi International for more info.


    • 8:00a.m. - 10:00a.m. - Enter your koi
    • 10:30 a.m. – 12:00pm – Koi Judging
    • 12:00 p.m. – 2:00pm - Mexican style BBQ beef & chicken, salad, fruits, soft drinks
    • 2:00p.m. – 3:00 p.m. - Awards presentations
    • over 1,500 high quality one year old Koi from Dainichi, Hoshikin, Isa, Ogata, Omosako, Sakai, Sakuma and Yohei Koi farms sizes between 7” to 12” will be for sale.
    Come on down and enjoy the great eats and the good fish Andy has imported. Its always a fun event

  4. #4
    Sansai
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    224
    wish i was there

  5. #5
    Honmei ricshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,653
    Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    The following awards will be presented to last year's customer's fish who are brought back for the show:


    1. Grand Champion – over all best growth & finished
    2. Super Growth – maintain good color & pattern (non single color)
    3. Best Finished
    4. Best in Gosankes
    5. Best Pattern Fish – Koromo, Gin Rin, etc.
    6. Best Non Pattern Fish – Ogon, Chagoi, Asagi, etc.
    7. Tategoi (A)
    8. Tategoi (B)
    9. Judge’s Award
    10. Andy’s Favorite
    I don't have the results and I did not take a bunch of pictures, but we had a great time today at Andrew's Koi growing contest and show.

    Nori won Grand Champion AND the Super Growth award. Shawn of Mystic Koi was the judge this year.



    Nori's Super Growth winner grew from 25 cm - 51 cm in one year in a 500 gallon "tosai pond". He said his secret is plenty of food and plenty of water changes.

    This is an example of the prizes the winner's get;



    The above was won by Frank Morales for Best Finished Koi.

  6. #6
    Tategoi Louie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Anaheim Ca
    Posts
    353

    Go

    That grow out is not over you can still pick a fish all this week and bring it back next year.

  7. #7
    Honmei ricshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    That grow out is not over you can still pick a fish Sunday and bring it back next year.
    Louie, Which category did you win, Best Pattern?

    I forgot to mention that Nori Maeda also won Grand Champion the year before.

  8. #8
    wild horse dinh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    A future show to be defined soon....
    Posts
    4,810
    Any pictures of this year GO?

    I got this Isa showa from Andrew Koi last Sunday. Not so sure whether it is part of this year GO or not.
    I really enjoyed for having this Isa showa.

    Best,
    --Dinh
    Andrew's Koi SoCal event tomorrow - 5/4/13-andrewkoi-isa-showa.jpg

  9. #9
    Tategoi Louie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Anaheim Ca
    Posts
    353
    [QUOTE=ricshaw;206313]Louie, Which category did you win, Best Pattern?

    I forgot to mention that Nori Maeda also won Grand Champion the year before.[/QUote

    Yes Richard, shawn mentioned the great Beni on that kujaku

Similar Threads

  1. SF Bay Area Koi Event Tomorrow... 5/4/13
    By dinh in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2013, 03:12 PM
  2. 2012 Andrew's Koi Growth Contest
    By ricshaw in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 01:35 PM
  3. 12th Annual Andrew's Koi growing contest
    By ricshaw in forum Club News and Updates
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2012, 03:04 AM
  4. 11th Annual Andrew's Koi growing contest
    By ricshaw in forum Club News and Updates
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 12:44 AM
  5. May 1st - Andrew's Koi annual growth contest and barbecue.
    By ricshaw in forum Club News and Updates
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-02-2010, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com