Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playing with my Samsung Galaxy s4 phone's camera

Playing with my Samsung Galaxy s4 phone's camera

It does an excellent job of taking photos of people, events, wildlife etc but koi? Yeah....it's not replacing my DSLR anytime soon. These were the best it could do. Overall I would say its fine for snapping off a photo of a koi to friend at say a dealers to get advice etc but definately not worth trying to use it to take a magazine style shot of a GC at a show .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Playing with my Samsung Galaxy s4 phone's camera-5.jpg   Playing with my Samsung Galaxy s4 phone's camera-4.jpg   Playing with my Samsung Galaxy s4 phone's camera-3.jpg   Playing with my Samsung Galaxy s4 phone's camera-2.jpg   Playing with my Samsung Galaxy s4 phone's camera-1.jpg  

Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

I have the same phone. No, it will not replace a DSLR in any way, but it does take amazing pictures for a phone. In fact, its photoi taking ability easily exceeds mine, so it works very well for me. Love the 13Mp Hi res images.

I know this is off-topic, but.... Tell about that Sanke. Who is the breeder? What age? Size? How long have you been raising?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I know this is off-topic, but.... Tell about that Sanke. Who is the breeder? What age? Size? How long have you been raising?
    Saw this yesterday and thought the same! Just for fun I'm guessing Isa as breeder. Just looks like a Isa to me....

Interesting Patterns always catches Mike's Eye ! lol Pattern says Momotaro, but I'll go with Marudo as the breeder of the Sanke.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I'll tell you all about it but since everyone else is playing guess the breeder would you like a chance at it?
    Koi-Unit
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Quote Originally Posted by HEADACHE6 View Post
    Interesting Patterns always catches Mike's Eye ! lol Pattern says Momotaro, but I'll go with Marudo as the breeder of the Sanke.
    Yes, head patterns in particular! I think some would say the pattern is deficient, and I'd not disagree. However, the clean ivory head has an attractiveness I appreciate and the red alongside the head gives the impression of a carnival mask falling askew during the street celebration. LOL. If judging, I'd mark this down for pattern, while marking up for the strong body form. For my personal enjoyment, this head pattern would make a nice contrast to my Sanke with a bit too much on her head.

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth View Post
    I'll tell you all about it but since everyone else is playing guess the breeder would you like a chance at it?
    If from Japan, I'd say Yammatsu. But, I think this is a McCann Sanke. If so, I'm thinking Troy is half right and the father is Momotaro lineage. Can't really tell from photos, I know, but the beni does not look like what would come out of just T. Sakai stock. So, I'm thinking Momotaro was mixed in.

Ding, ding, ding we have a winner! Yes Mike this sanke is from Jersey not Japan. Every spring my club buys 60 or so wholesale koi from Mat and holds an auction. It's one of our best fund raisers. That particular sanke I got for $20 (the opening bid). Now before anyone thinks that Mat let one slip by I can assure you that he didn't. He always throws a couple nice ones in the bag. As it happens no one noticed this one but me. This will be the third summer I've owned this koi and when I got it it was all of 4 inches.
    Koi-Unit
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

WHAT???? ...$20???? Oh my, my, my. You win the 'best koi buy' award. Should at least have been a 555, but 7 inches is the usual minimum for those. A ZNA Potomac entry in the future?... No, don't say. Some judge may be watching.

I'll guess that Mat let it go because (1) he does like to put a prize in the cracker jack box, (2) it was smaller than his cut-off for the mud that year, and (3) the pattern was not what folks look for in a tosai. You saw past the size and pattern. You deserved to get it and I expect Mat is happy about that, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast