Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: A Special Tosai

Tategoi

A Special Tosai

I received this tosai in April from Dainichi Koi Farm at 37 cm. This is the most expensive tosai I have ever bought and she is truly a Tatagoi. Just bowled her up and measured her, she is now 46 cm. She is of Gachaco bloodline, a decendent from Gachapin bloodline. Tell me what you think or like about her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Special Tosai-2013-119.jpg   A Special Tosai-2013-123.jpg   A Special Tosai-2013-132.jpg   A Special Tosai-2013-133.jpg  
    Tosai_Sunny likes this.

Very nice! Bloodline? How sure are you she is a she?

Tategoi
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbysuzanna View Post
    Very nice! Bloodline? How sure are you she is a she?
    She comes with a guaranteed certificate, when you buy a tosai of this quality if it ever turns out to be male (there maybe a chance not 100% sure) the breeder will take care of you. At 18 inches I took a peek and pretty sure it's female. This is a picture of her when she arrived to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Special Tosai-01-37cm-gachako.jpg  

I love her! I am a sucker for sumi though. Can't wait to see her thicken down the tail tube as she adds bulk. Best wishes on her continued development.

Nice fish.that one is big bucks I spent some time there what a place

Lovely koi! it looks though the sumi will be more when this one grows. Nevertheless a beauty. Here's my Dainichi jumbo tosai confirmed female from late May release by Dainichi.

Tora Bora likes this.

Wow, Tom, 'big' frame with nice head and shoulders from what I can see in the video. Tail tube should only get stronger with those good genes in your corner. I would love to see a little less shiroji and more beni in the pattern, but I always favor the old-school showa. You know, 40-40-20 as the ideal. It's all a matter of personal taste, and I know I'm very much in the minority with current trends heavily favoring the kindai look. If the sumi comes on like it appears it will, she will have a wonderfully 'balanced' pattern.

I've got to say, anyone who takes a gamble and makes a big bet on a showa has my full admiration. From my admittedly very limited exposure to the koi world, I can't think of a riskier bet and a longer wait to see what you've finally got. And now I don't think I'd like to sit across the table from you at a high stakes, winner-take all poker game, my Friend!

Best of luck with your new fish, Brother Tom, and please bring us some future photos to track your success with this promising young showa.

Hi ,I would MAKEROOM FOR HER enough said !
    Yes I would like more BENI but Dainichi seems to have more Hi recently ?
    Yours seems to have good strong Beni, with a face that MikeM will like.
    You will just have to grow her to replace the one you have just lost.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by sacicu View Post
    Lovely koi! it looks though the sumi will be more when this one grows. Nevertheless a beauty. Here's my Dainichi jumbo tosai confirmed female from late May release by Dainichi.

Brian

I do like this Koi , she would have made a good Kohaku , then add the Hi and you get a potential great Koi!
    Then you get what you pay for . This one was not cheap ! Take your time with her give her the extra year.
    Hope she keeps the star and it does not just round off.
    Good luck with her.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by 4TEXAS View Post
    She comes with a guaranteed certificate, when you buy a tosai of this quality if it ever turns out to be male (there maybe a chance not 100% sure) the breeder will take care of you. At 18 inches I took a peek and pretty sure it's female. This is a picture of her when she arrived to me.
    Nice big shoulders showing a lot of power. Bit top heavy on the beni, but could be compensated in time by what seems to be a coming break on the head beni. Wondering if the first step beni had been solid before you got it, but if it were and it continues to give way, I would hope it stop with a nice interesting two step at the head. Also, would balance out the shiroji with the break. Good luck and have patience!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast