Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: What koi shows really need......

Quote Originally Posted by Si Van Nguyen View Post
    One suggestion for koi shows: Have better foods during the show. Nowaday there are all kinds of food trucks, from sushi to korean tacos to ramen noodles. They would be happy to show up at the event. Call them up. The trucks could even call up their own followers. Volunteers can be given vouchers to eat from the trucks. Show attendees and vendors can also eat there and not have to leave the show. I always bring my wife and kids to the shows but we always have to go out for lunch and then go home afterward. I could never go back to the show after lunch for a second look. The organizers need to examine every aspects of the show and try to improve them. They have to do something different, because it is getting old and tiresome , and it is not attracting new people.
    Food truck(s) was brought up at the ZNA SoCal Koi Show committee meeting.

There was a concern if the City of Gardena would allow it in front of City Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    Food truck(s) was brought up at the ZNA SoCal Koi Show committee meeting.

There was a concern if the City of Gardena would allow it in front of City Hall.

I have seen food trucks on that street next to the community center, not in front of city hall. City hall is empty on the weekends anyway. Government officials don't work on weekends. Well, if you guys need help arranging for food vendors, let me know, I can help with that department.

I have seen food trucks on that street next to the community center, not in front of city hall. City hall is empty on the weekends anyway. Government officials don't work on weekends. Well, if you guys need help arranging for food vendors, let me know, I can help with that department.
    Thanks Si, I will forward the information to the show committee after you send me your email address privately.
    -Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Appliance Guy View Post
    Well Jim since you asked. First thing I'd do is post pictures of the event and winners list. I noticed in your Potomac show thread you had one pic of the trees. No koi, no event pics and no winners list. Seems to me that if you can post a thread promoting the show, you would at least follow up with some pics and winners list at minimum. Maybe a little recognition of the participants and show volunteers. A little recognition goes a long way. It's free, it promotes the show, it builds comradery. Such a little chore can go a long way.
    Check out the vids of the winners from the Potomac Show.
    2013 ZNA Potomac Koi Show September 6-8 Vienna VA

Food trucks? Sure, it'll be nice to have some Korean-Mexican food. Or you could also enjoy eating at Furaibo's, great fried Japanese food!

Quote Originally Posted by yerrag View Post
    Food trucks? Sure, it'll be nice to have some Korean-Mexican food. Or you could also enjoy eating at Furaibo's, great fried Japanese food!
    Ummm! yummy for my tummy!
    Food is the answer to every problem!
    Last edited by Si Van Nguyen; 01-22-2014 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Poor grammar

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234