Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: introduction to airlift pump

introduction to airlift pump

With 10 years experiment on airlift pumps ,Koivrienden want to share this experience
    This video is the introduction on the airlift pump, later you see ho to build a airlift pump and also koi pond examples that use the airlift pump

More information on www.airlift.eu

enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by aquawonderedl View Post
    With 10 years experiment on airlift pumps ,Koivrienden want to share this experience
    This video is the introduction on the airlift pump, later you see ho to build a airlift pump and also koi pond examples that use the airlift pump
    More information on www.airlift.eu

enjoy

Ive always wondered if I put air into my BD, would that force more water to flow through it? I am thinking about sticking the hose end from my hiblow 40, with no aerator, into my BD. The air would escape from my sieve prior to reaching my filter and pump. I'm thinking it'll push more solids through, preventing settling and clogs as well as aerating the water prior to reaching my filter, giving more oxygen to aid that process.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco4Koi View Post
    Ive always wondered if I put air into my BD, would that force more water to flow through it? I am thinking about sticking the hose end from my hiblow 40, with no aerator, into my BD. The air would escape from my sieve prior to reaching my filter and pump. I'm thinking it'll push more solids through, preventing settling and clogs as well as aerating the water prior to reaching my filter, giving more oxygen to aid that process.
    If there is an upward slope in the bottom drain pipe, you may be able to do it. But the nature of air being what it is, it will only stay on the upper portion of the pipe all the way to the filter, never even touching bottom to clear the debris.

In the video, Bjorn says the size of the holes where air comes out into the waterlift is from 0.5-1.0 mm, depending on...
    I would take the hole size as being ones that would create the optimum bubble size to bring the maximum waterlift. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by yerrag View Post
    In the video, Bjorn says the size of the holes where air comes out into the waterlift is from 0.5-1.0 mm, depending on...
    I would take the hole size as being ones that would create the optimum bubble size to bring the maximum waterlift. What do you think?
    Yep! That's probably about as small the bubbles can be via this method. You have to go to air stones to get much smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyfish View Post
    Yep! That's probably about as small the bubbles can be via this method. You have to go to air stones to get much smaller.
    Here's a video by Patrick (here he speaks French) showing how the pressure chamber is made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZBx...e_gdata_player

You can get the idea even if you don't speak French, but if you do, did they mention the size of the hole drilled by the Dremel?

My guess is 1 mm.

introduction to airlift pump-screen-shot2-2012-06-17.jpgintroduction to airlift pump-album_pic6785.jpg

Use the video linked to in the first post, it says the hole size is .5 mm or 1 mm. Fast forward to 4:55 mark. All in English.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzyfish View Post
    Use the video linked to in the first post, it says the hole size is .5 mm or 1 mm. Fast forward to 4:55 mark. All in English.
    Now that we got the hole size, how many holes? Got to get that right since it would be hard to add more holes. Glued in by then with PVC cement.

Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    My guess is 1 mm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot2 2012-06-17.jpg 
Views:	6110 
Size:	71.6 KB 
ID:	38554Click image for larger version. 

Name:	album_pic6785.jpg 
Views:	1336 
Size:	124.1 KB 
ID:	38555
    Hmmm... I will have a hard time finding these in Manila. A nominal 4" sanitary pipe, a corresponding coupling cut in half, and maybe a PVC roof gutter adapter I saw at an Ace Hardware store. Cool! Now to get a collet to drill those tiny holes.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast