Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Momotaro food.

brian

yes that is sadly the case they banned it 30yrs ago as they were destroying the natural water ways with their feeding habits. They would devour all the vegetation in the water and also stir up mud to find food this made the water ways very murky. there are only seven states in Australia and only WA and NSW are allowed to keep koi (mind you the love of the hobby has no geographical boundary and lets leave it at that) That is why I am so sad, but hopefully with using soft water and the best filtration and food possible we can encourage others to be able to breed better quality kois. Most hobbyis ponds here are very hard in the region of 1000 ppm TDS and more. that is why I believe that the full potential of the koi can't be seen. We will never be able to catch up with the japanese as our gene pool has not improved over the thirty years (no new introduction) but lets start by providing the right environment that way we are seeing their proper potential and from here we can do some serious culling and improve the genes/bloodlines

Aquitori
    That is why I am so sad , I don't mind fedex it to you and if you can't get a hold of any let me know but do you know carl fross of keirin koi he is the momotrao agent in US he may or may not have the white part and colour up left or the new all season but please check with him, I respect carl and do not want to disrespect him by starting to sell into his region. I do not want any misunderstanding with carl. So let me know, his website is www.keirinkoi.com

There is a chance that customs will not let the package in? so please find out what your requirements are my email is [email protected] if you need more info (be glad to help) and want to go into it further

Talked to one of Carl's associate at his shop over the phone and he explained that it will be very hard for him to bring the food in and that they were seeing if they could get the receipe so they could produce it here. I also talked to Kevin Pham the West Coast dealer of Momotaro and he said he only sells the koi. My only cost effective option is to get it straight from the source and bring some back.

hey aquitori

What is the procedure in US because over here I need to get a permit to bring the koi food in and it is a long and tedious process, which is not worth the trouble for a few bags. Before i was the momotaro agent I tried to bring in some koi food from malaysia and they stopped me at the customs in the airport telling me that i needed a permit before I could bring it in. So better find out first otherwise you might end up like me before.

I have heard that with some koi foood it is very hard to bring in because teh contents or ingredients are unknown such as paste food. I have had some friends that had $400 worth of paste food taken away because contents were unkown. Tony you will have to talk to Kenneth and Shirleen they are going now wiht you guys to Momotaro's. I am still 50% as I want to find out how much plane tickets are. Joe

My friend Erwin tried talking to Kev bout the trip, but he was too busy.... Shot if it is goin to be too much trouble to bringing food for personnal use then forget it...If the government is so strict with food why aren't they doing anything about West Niles Virus? Considering fish eat larve will the virus infect koi as well as any other animal?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123