Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Momotaro food.

Momotaro food.

Has anyone tried the Momotaro "White Food" or the "Color Food", I was thinking of trying it out. Just need some opinions on it.

Nisai
    its quite tasty actualy, might be best served with beer, or maybe cold sake.

I visited Momotaro just a few weeks ago. Daisuke was showing me arround and he mentioned thier food usese humad food grade fish meal, and was very safe to eat, so after he went first i munched a pellet.

My first bag won't arrive till next week i think, so i don't know how the fish will take to it yet, but i expect good results.

Soon i will find some time to writer a longer note about my great trip down to Kyushu, stopping in Okayama on the way.

Tosai
    I'm surprised. :roll: I thought this thread was going to be some what more alive with people who are using Momotaro's food? Or at least can give some kind of input!

Col

Tategoi
    The stuff isn't widely available in my part of the US. I can't tell you where one would get it in the US.

So that might be one reason for the lack of response.

I recall at least one article in KB where a pond owner, a Grand Champion owner, talked about using the Momotaro food with his Momotaro Kohaku.

I heard Momotaro Food is pretty much band in the USA. I guess FDA wont let it come in. So if I go to Momotaro this Sept will I be able to bring some in from Japan if I proclaim it for personnal use?

Why have they banned it?

It might not be "banned" as such. More likely the government is demanding a detailed analysis and a periodic set of controls on the end product and ingredients that make it un profitable to export the stuff to tyhe US. Basicly... It might not be worth the hassle.
    B.Scott

USDA is cracking down on all imported koi food unless they pass USDA inspection for mad cow disease and have their certification. So, you will probably have a hard time with all imported brands. That is why so many of the web sites show to be sold out of stuff, such as Hi Silk.

Hi Philip,

Quote Originally Posted by philip
    USDA is cracking down on all imported koi food unless they pass USDA inspection for mad cow disease and have their certification. So, you will probably have a hard time with all imported brands. That is why so many of the web sites show to be sold out of stuff, such as Hi Silk.
    That's really rich considering that the FDA hasn't made testing of all cows mandatory, and have even interfered with some beef producers carrying out voluntary tests on all of their cattle. :roll:

Do you know if this pertains to feeds that contain animal contest Philip? What are folks using to feed with now?
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Interesting.
    Now tell me, how much beef is contained in silk worm and koi feed that would make it nessesary to test it for Bovine Spongy-form Encephalopathy? :?
    B.Scott

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast