Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 21st Annual Texas Koi & Fancy Goldfish Society - ZNA Show - October 12-13, 2013

Got to spend the day with a great group of Texas Koi & Fancy Goldfish Society members setting up tanks and aquariums for our 21st annual show this weekend. Many Many thanks to Jason, Joe, JoAnn, Katheryne, Dmitry, Kathii & Barry who along with myself put in a full day with lots accomplished. 30 Koi show tanks were set up with out flow thru water system. Also the aquarium stand was assembled and 20 freshly cleaned 20 gallon aquariums were set in place ready to be filled with water tomorrow. It is amazing how much 9 dedicated people can accomplish. Still have a full day of set up tomorrow getting the vendor tent, tanks, and spaces ready for everyone to start showing up on Friday. If you are in the San Antonio area be sure to drop by and say hello plus see some of the best koi and goldfish in America.

21st Annual Texas Koi & Fancy Goldfish Society - ZNA Show - October 12-13, 2013-dscn0807.jpg21st Annual Texas Koi & Fancy Goldfish Society - ZNA Show - October 12-13, 2013-dscn0808.jpg
    Disclosure:These opinions are based on my experience and conversations with persons I consider accomplished koi keepers and do not reflect the viewpoint of any organization.

a big fan of flow thru systems and the difference they make to our beloved koi. Best wishes for a sucessful show and looking forward to pictoiral
    coverage.

Tategoi
    SA here we come, packing my girls first thing in the morning. Seems to be good weather this weekend, can't wait to see all my friends again. Hope this will be another great show with many beautiful kois to gaze at and hope I'll be able to land a few trophy of my own.

Wishing you safe travels for you and your koi. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Have a great show... I'm cheering on all of the K-B'ers' entries.

Quote Originally Posted by 4TEXAS View Post
    SA here we come, packing my girls first thing in the morning. Seems to be good weather this weekend, can't wait to see all my friends again. Hope this will be another great show with many beautiful kois to gaze at and hope I'll be able to land a few trophy of my own.
    Good luck Tom! Look forward to your report of the results.

I ended up with seven at the show. Six for show, one for the auction. I had five more I wanted to bring, but ran out of room and containers,,, turns out boxes don't work so well when bagging and boxing in the rain... The other five were only for the auction, anyhow. My main goal was to rehome fish as opposed to buying fish, so that was defeated. At least one of the bigger ones will hopefully have a new home. It's a 'used to be' kohaku that is all white now with a touch of gin. Maybe it'll turn into a Shiro utsuri.. Lol

I couldn't stay as long as I ha d wished,, my hand and wrist were hurting bad,,, but just before leaving I overheard the judges say, "that was a really nice fish" after viewing my tank. I have no idea which fish they were talking about...

Some Major Award winning Koi from our show today.

21st Annual Texas Koi & Fancy Goldfish Society - ZNA Show - October 12-13, 2013-_dsc4920.jpg

Powerful Grand Champion, Size 8 showa owned by Ryan Vo and Bred by Dianichi

21st Annual Texas Koi & Fancy Goldfish Society - ZNA Show - October 12-13, 2013-_dsc4949.jpg

Beautiful Reserve Champion, Size 8 Kohaku owned by Jennifer & Tom Walker
    ricshaw likes this.

Nisai
    Congratulations Ryan!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast