Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 21st Annual Texas Koi & Fancy Goldfish Society - ZNA Show - October 12-13, 2013

21st Annual Texas Koi & Fancy Goldfish Society - ZNA Show - October 12-13, 2013

Just 1 week to go until our big show weekend in San Antonio. Fish coming from as far away as Kansas and from all over Texas. We have a koi and a goldfish show plus a long fin competition. Fish and pond vendors, live Texas Music, lots of fun koi hobbyists, raffles, fish auction on Sunday, Free Seminars, etc etc. Hope you will be able to attend and enjoy the fun.

Tategoi
    You know I'll be there to support SA club on the koi and goldfish show!!!! Just don't know what to bring yet to take out Ryan's GC....

Might be your turn this year Tom. Looking forward to seeing your and what you will be bringing.

Can't make it this year, Ray. Have a good show! Look forward to your report of show results.

Regards,
    Sunny

Quote Originally Posted by 4TEXAS View Post
    You know I'll be there to support SA club on the koi and goldfish show!!!! Just don't know what to bring yet to take out Ryan's GC....
    Tom, the only sure way is to find ways to keep Ryan and his kohaku home. :-) Good luck!

Sunny

We will miss you this year Sunny!!

I'm there!
    No idea what I'm bringing though. I removed half my bog plants shortly after Dallas, releasing tons of silty fines. Just when I could see the bottom, I dropped in one half a gallon of rapiclear hoping to finish the job. I haven't seen my koi since.
    It turned my water milky white and shows no sign of clearing in time. I read somewhere my high alkalinity and liberal use of koi clay may have caused the rapiclear to do this. I'll just corral them best I can and take all the fish I can catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Loco4Koi View Post
    I'm there!
    No idea what I'm bringing though. I removed half my bog plants shortly after Dallas, releasing tons of silty fines. Just when I could see the bottom, I dropped in one half a gallon of rapiclear hoping to finish the job. I haven't seen my koi since.
    It turned my water milky white and shows no sign of clearing in time. I read somewhere my high alkalinity and liberal use of koi clay may have caused the rapiclear to do this. I'll just corral them best I can and take all the fish I can catch.
    Clay use only make sense to me when the water is very low in alkalinity. It is very difficult to dissolve clay in high alkaline water and has been reported to precipitate in the plumbing lines causes partial or even total blockages.

Quote Originally Posted by RayJordan View Post
    Clay use only make sense to me when the water is very low in alkalinity. It is very difficult to dissolve clay in high alkaline water and has been reported to precipitate in the plumbing lines causes partial or even total blockages.
    I go back and forth with myself about using clay... one part of me wonders if the clay marketed for koi is actually any better or enough better to justify the cost when compared to the clay used to seal mud ponds.... I know in central Texas were not lacking in minerals and Austin in particular with it's limestone bedrock is highly alkaline. I guess it is cheap enough that it passes my willingness to gamble budget. I figured, at worst, it would be a waste of money. I didn't think about it mucking up the pipes.

I haven't worked since the end of May. Koi shows and Dr.Appts have been my only reason to get up before 10am.
    See you in the morning Ray

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast