Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: college courses that best relate to the koi hobby, albeit breeding or just owning

Actually, the idea of a Japanese language class sounds good to me! Thanks for that thought! Koi is a Japanese art. Any appreciation for other forms of Japanese arts and culture would probably enhance your enjoyment of koi. For me, I do some bonsai gardening and collect suisekis and netsukes, and of course, I enjoy Japanese food. Food is important too. Whenever we have a koi or a bonsai group get together, we try to go out to a good ramen noodle house or sushi place for some good foods and beers to complete the experience. So learning the language would go a long way in the study and appreciation of nishikigoi.
    Domo arigato

Loco4, SVN, I don’t know your state of residence policy but here in Florida 60 years+ can audit classes at any state university. I have done one biology class a semester for 6 semesters at UCF (I’ve become something of a pet there). So Mike (60?) you can study Japanese for free at UCF if you can afford the time: “Spring 2014 Elementary Japanese Language and Culture MW 4:30-5:45”.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Loco4, SVN, I don’t know your state of residence policy but here in Florida 60 years+ can audit classes at any state university. I have done one biology class a semester for 6 semesters at UCF (I’ve become something of a pet there). So Mike (60?) you can study Japanese for free at UCF if you can afford the time: “Spring 2014 Elementary Japanese Language and Culture MW 4:30-5:45”.
    Hi RobF, I was just in Orlando 2 weeks ago for a convention! Nice place! Hate the toll roads though.

Thanks for the info about the free college courses. I just found that a local community college near me has such a program too. For all kinds of classes. Even a class on bonsai gardening! But I need to wait another 10 years before I can enjoy all the perks of being a senior .

I'm taking my first photography class this weekend. It's a two day seminar. I just got in a bunch of accessories I ordered and a big backpack camera case to put it all in.
    I'm actually really excited.
    I'm also looking at online coursesvfrom K.O.I. International. Taken a couple free ones already. Contemplating the paid certificate classes now. Has anyone taken these classes? Are they worthwhile?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12