Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My 3 new koi arrived today!!

Nisai
    Firstly Brutuscz, I HATE YOU! You bought my Kujaku, and it even turned red. I kept looking at it. It was the nicest Kujaku I'd seen on ebay...EVER. I was going to go see it this weekend and buy it, and it was gone. Anyway. I was there for both days of Kleinholz harvest. There were a lot of nice Sankes. I don't even like sankes that much, and I was starting to want one. Let me see if I have some pics for you all. I'm not sharing the Kujaku ones until after I decide which one I want. =)

Nisai

Kleinholz Harvest Sankes

Keep in mind I took these with my phone and I didn't take many pics, so these are kind of random shots. Oh, and the pics I took for me of the Kujakus that none of the rest of you are allowed to buy until I get mine, and another fish that shall remain undescribed I will not share...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My 3 new koi arrived today!!-asanke3.jpg   My 3 new koi arrived today!!-asanke2.jpg   My 3 new koi arrived today!!-asanke.jpg  

Nisai
    PS... If you continue to post pics of my Kujaku's development for me so I know what to expect of Kleinholz other Kujakus, I'll think about pulling some of these pins out of this voodoo doll I fashioned of you. =) Some of the other ones in their sale tank were quite dark as well. I think I tend to like a lot of sumi, which also gets me into trouble with Showas. Despite how dark they were though, they seemed very metallic/lustrous. They were still very pretty fish despite all the rising sumi. It makes their hi plates look NEON. Anyway, I plan to go back up in a month or so, and I'll take some after pics once they've been in the clean water display pond for a while and had time to develop some color. I'll try to post my fresh out of the mud pond pics with the post 1 month in the display tank pics.

Quote Originally Posted by xlaziox View Post
    PS... If you continue to post pics of my Kujaku's development for me so I know what to expect of Kleinholz other Kujakus, I'll think about pulling some of these pins out of this voodoo doll I fashioned of you. =) Some of the other ones in their sale tank were quite dark as well. I think I tend to like a lot of sumi, which also gets me into trouble with Showas. Despite how dark they were though, they seemed very metallic/lustrous. They were still very pretty fish despite all the rising sumi. It makes their hi plates look NEON. Anyway, I plan to go back up in a month or so, and I'll take some after pics once they've been in the clean water display pond for a while and had time to develop some color. I'll try to post my fresh out of the mud pond pics with the post 1 month in the display tank pics.
    Hey Spencer, it was nice to meet and enjoyed talking with you!!! Kyle

Nisai
    Hey kyle. It was nice to meet you too. Stay in touch.

LOL...If you knew what I paid, you would hate me even more. I actually made an offer on the kujaku and showa before, and Kurt turned me down. A few weeks later he contacted me and took my offer. I was beyond thrilled. The Kujaku has really whitened up in my indoor pool. My only issue with it is the one deep sumi spot on the side of the dorsal fin. But, the sheen is really good. I am very curious about this kujaku. In the past..I had one from Kaneko lose all it's beni at 24in. I am hoping this one will be more stable for the long run. I will keep you up to date with pics.
    Now...pull that needle out of my voodoo dolls arse!!! Lol!!!

If your desire to succeed is greater than your desire to fail, then you will succeed.

Nisai
    Oh man, I thought about making an offer on it, but I didn't want to insult him, because I thought the asking price was pretty fair. It's a nice fish. I knew I was going to want some things from Japan in the fall, and I was blowing all my dough putting the finishing touches on my new 12,000 gallon pond when I first saw it. So I just drooled about it, and told myself if it was still there I'd buy it if it looked as good as the pic. I wouldn't even have needed to ship it.

Nisai
    Oh PS. Do tell me about the Shiro in your pics. I just bought one I'm hoping will develop nicely, but the one you are showing didn't actually grow a lot of sumi where it didn't have it already. I had seen Omosakos from online pics just create sumi from seemingly nothing. Mine has a lot of shiro and some areas of shita zumi I'm crossing my fingers will come out.

Quote Originally Posted by xlaziox View Post
    Oh PS. Do tell me about the Shiro in your pics. I just bought one I'm hoping will develop nicely, but the one you are showing didn't actually grow a lot of sumi where it didn't have it already. I had seen Omosakos from online pics just create sumi from seemingly nothing. Mine has a lot of shiro and some areas of shita zumi I'm crossing my fingers will come out.
    The Development shiro pics was bred by Marusho. I bought that one as a 4-6in hatchling..around 8yrs ago. The pattern has been relatively stable throughout it's life. But, the shiro has since turned yellow/pinkish. It actually looks better in warmer temps than in the cooler times of year. I always noticed her skin was very sensitive to cold water. This is the opposite of what we expect with a shiro..they usually have better whites in cooler temps. She is a slow grower for sure. But, she has won for me in size 1,2 and 3. I will say she has the best sumi I have seen...Ever!!! Like black broken coal...really amazing. Now...the funny part. Bought her from a mixed lot from different breeders for the princely sum of $50. Won three size classes...and complimented by several AKCA judges, for 50 bucks!! I had a good eye hunting koi that day. I also owned her brother...who was also really excellent. He jumped out of my pond years ago..it was a shame. Never got to show him. Unless I figure a way to dramatically improve her whites, her show days are over. Still a favorite in my pond though!!!

Here is a picture of her brother. Wish I still had him
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My 3 new koi arrived today!!-kputsuri-1-4.jpg  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast