Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Show Benching Tubs From Japan

Show Benching Tubs From Japan

Just found out a small domestic breeder on a recent fish buying trip to Japan is arranging to ship back ten (10) Japanese made show benching tubs and put them up for sale. They are not cheap at $300, but I saw one and it was the lightweight model I've seen around a few times and read about elsewhere. I've been told by some koi-kichi they've been hard to come by for a while here in the States unless you are lucky enough to snag a used one, but I'm not sure about that. Measurement is in cm's, and will handle any koi up to 80 cm (31.5 inches) in length. Aside from the light weight and maneuverability, the 'measuring tape' is actually laminated into the tub, so no rough surface to possibly damage a thrashing fish.

This gentleman's already received orders for 2 or 3, and I realize this is a niche item for a very limited group, but for any of you 'Koi Show Fish Wranglers' out there who are looking to upgrade your equipment a bit (and maybe save your backs as well), just send me a PM and I'll give you a contact to get one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show Benching Tubs From Japan-show-benching-tub.jpg   Show Benching Tubs From Japan-measurement-cms-2.jpg  

I highly recommend these measuring tubs. Joe White has one that we have been using at CFKS since he bought one while in Japan. It is much lighter weight than the normal measuring tubs which makes a huge difference when benching even a small show. It just does not makes sense to haul those large measuring tubs from tank to tank when measuring mostly Koi under 28". We only use the large measuring tub when we have to determine if a Koi is above or below 28". We like these measuring tubs so much, I bought the tub shown in the picture above while at the North FL show this weekend. We plan on having 2 benching teams at our show in March, so we wanted to have 2 of them.
    Henry

Orlando, FL

Tategoi
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryC View Post
    I highly recommend these measuring tubs. Joe White has one that we have been using at CFKS since he bought one while in Japan. It is much lighter weight than the normal measuring tubs which makes a huge difference when benching even a small show. It just does not makes sense to haul those large measuring tubs from tank to tank when measuring mostly Koi under 28". We only use the large measuring tub when we have to determine if a Koi is above or below 28". We like these measuring tubs so much, I bought the tub shown in the picture above while at the North FL show this weekend. We plan on having 2 benching teams at our show in March, so we wanted to have 2 of them.
    Thats nice to hear

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Thats nice to hear
    Good to hear from the honorary chair of the set-up team.