Tinkering with my pond recently, I came upon a good use for my mountain bike's rubber tire interior tubing, which I had saved for a good use. And boy, did I not regret being a bit of a packrat.

My PVC pipes come in blue and orange, for pressure and sanitary use respectively. Needless to say, I consider the colors an eyesore. Painting PVC is a pain, as they don't adhere too well unless you go the laborious and expensive way, sanding and priming and all. Besides, why paint at all?

For 3/4 to 1-1/4" pipes and fittings, I found that wrapping the rubber tubing around them made them look really swell. They look like high tech cellphone covers, being matte and all.

Edit: My tubes actually work best on 1-1/4" PVC pipes and fittings. It's barely loose on 1" pipes, and too loose on 3/4" pipes. If there are smaller diameter tubes around, they may be suitable for use on the 3/4 and 1" pipes.

Now, I have to look for larger rubber tire interiors for larger PVC pipes such as the 2", 3", and 4" pipes. I wonder what size pipe motorbike rubber tire interiors are suitable for?