Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: SFF Kohaku Development

Quote Originally Posted by Erns View Post
    Here you go Mike - It's low res because I'm now all out on my 20meg limit and I can't seem to figure out how to delete any of the old images I have on here.
    Well - Dynamite Ochiba is dead now as is Shining Rose - but they have offspring of those parent koi somewhere in the breeding program and it will be interesting to see what happens in the future but I'm sure the solid kohaku and sanke lines are established.
    I was lucky enough to get my hands on a M-Legend nissai this season and she was 61cm at 18 months old. Will keep and close eye on how she develops compared to this "Ochiba" kohaku with regards to growth rates etc.
    Obviously, Dynamite Ochiba was a special Ochiba. The pigment color indicates she had Kohaku blood, and the gray ground does not have the usual coarseness. I expect there was a lustre not usually seen in Ochiba, which would go with the light ground.

And, an offspring of M-Legend, too! Oh, what fun you are having. The two would be so different from one another, with only the red on white patterning being alike. Different beni, I expect.

Ochiba parent? Wow. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Obviously, Dynamite Ochiba was a special Ochiba. The pigment color indicates she had Kohaku blood, and the gray ground does not have the usual coarseness. I expect there was a lustre not usually seen in Ochiba, which would go with the light ground.

And, an offspring of M-Legend, too! Oh, what fun you are having. The two would be so different from one another, with only the red on white patterning being alike. Different beni, I expect.
    I got a M-Legend Nisai this past November from the auction, would love to see Erns development on his....

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    I got a M-Legend Nisai this past November from the auction, would love to see Erns development on his....
    I'll show you mine if you show me yours? and off course if I can get more space for pics. lol.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours? and off course if I can get more space for pics. lol.
    Here you go. Standard Sandan pattern...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SFF Kohaku Development-sakai-kohaku-m-legend-52cm.pdf  

I Hope this works...

Same here - simple sandan with a dash of kuchibeni.

She lost a scale just before they could ship her. I hope it will cover and fill up but looks like it will. She is now 63cm and growing strong.

M-Legend 61cm Photo by Enabledsport | Photobucket

M-Legend Certificate Photo by Enabledsport | Photobucket

I Hope this works...

Same here - simple sandan with a dash of kuchibeni.

She lost a scale just before they could ship her. I hope it will cover and fill up but looks like it will. She is now 63cm and growing strong.

M-Legend 61cm Photo by Enabledsport | Photobucket

M-Legend Certificate Photo by Enabledsport | Photobucket
    Really like the confirmation on yours....big body and thick tail joint. My M Legend came in really stressed, so I havent really bowled her since she went in the pond. Maybe in a couple of months I will take some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori View Post
    Really like the confirmation on yours....big body and thick tail joint. My M Legend came in really stressed, so I havent really bowled her since she went in the pond. Maybe in a couple of months I will take some pics.
    Thanks! I uploaded some more pics of her onto photo bucket so you can see the kiwa and sashi better...do you think that damaged area will colour up again?
    M-Legend Updated 2014 Photo by Enabledsport | Photobucket

After a full summer of growth the M Legend Kohaku is now at 68cm. Real happy with her development.

However...my star performer of this summer. She is now 86cm with a body to die for. Remember she is only 4 years old...

Tosai_Sunny and nivek like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast