Home | About Us | Contact Us


Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 63
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Bringing down pond temperature with misting nozzles and fans

  1. #21
    Sansai nivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by sacicu View Post
    Thanks for sharing Bro Nivek. I am still concern though of a 90 percent pond shade with regards to the development of the beni. I am a firm believer koi that gets early morning sunlight is very good.
    Yes they do get the morning sun directly hitting the pond from the sides. Here's a Goshiki for reference.

    Bringing down pond temperature with misting nozzles and fans-photogrid_1394250607208.jpg

  2. #22
    Oyagoi yerrag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    Yes they do get the morning sun directly hitting the pond from the sides. Here's a Goshiki for reference.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PhotoGrid_1394250607208.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	39211
    Nice black development on the goshiki. On tropical climate at that. What's the trick to it?

  3. #23
    Sansai nivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by yerrag View Post
    Nice black development on the goshiki. On tropical climate at that. What's the trick to it?
    Honestly bro, I don't have a clue. Most of my kois have good sumi development and my friends are suspecting that it has something to do with my water source.

  4. #24
    Jumbo sacicu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    Honestly bro, I don't have a clue. Most of my kois have good sumi development and my friends are suspecting that it has something to do with my water source.
    It could be because of genetics. I have seen goshiki still ok within the one year from having good sumi only to loose it afterwards in a constant tropical weather.

  5. #25
    Sansai nivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by sacicu View Post
    It could be because of genetics. I have seen goshiki still ok within the one year from having good sumi only to loose it afterwards in a constant tropical weather.
    Could be as well but this koi has been 2 years here and most its siblings from the same batch bought by other kichis have loss their sumi. Previous year's photos.

    Bringing down pond temperature with misting nozzles and fans-img_20131117_231438.jpg

  6. #26
    Jumbo sacicu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    738
    Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    Could be as well but this koi has been 2 years here and most its siblings from the same batch bought by other kichis have loss their sumi. Previous year's photos.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131117_231438.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	39212
    Eventually i do believe some breeders will be able to stabilize thr sumi of the goshiki in warm weather. It use to be also goshiki grew only to a maximum size limit but i have seen goshikis just as big as kohakus in 3 years at around close to 70cm

  7. #27
    Sansai nivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by sacicu View Post
    Eventually i do believe some breeders will be able to stabilize thr sumi of the goshiki in warm weather. It use to be also goshiki grew only to a maximum size limit but i have seen goshikis just as big as kohakus in 3 years at around close to 70cm
    Yes agree. Kondo farm will be one of them to watch.

  8. #28
    Oyagoi yerrag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    Yes agree. Kondo farm will be one of them to watch.
    And this goshiki as well. I'm more inclined to think it's not Penang water that takes credit for it, but more the koi keeper and his "go the extra mile" approach, as seen with the cooling system you've done. Can you share with us your water parameters?

  9. #29
    Sansai nivek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    194
    Lol thanks for the kind words bro yerrag. Water params :

    Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate - 0
    pH - 7
    TDS - around 47
    Continuous freshwater trickle - around 10% daily
    Chamber 1 sieves - washed daily
    Water turnover - 3x/hr

  10. #30
    Oyagoi yerrag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,792
    Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    Lol thanks for the kind words bro yerrag. Water params :

    Ammonia, nitrite and nitrate - 0
    pH - 7
    TDS - around 47
    Continuous freshwater trickle - around 10% daily
    Chamber 1 sieves - washed daily
    Water turnover - 3x/hr
    Excellent water. I remember now a previous thread about your water. Don't you think the zero nitrate has a lot to do with your goshiki developing sumi nicely?
    nivek likes this.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-02-, 01:07 AM
  2. Koi fans in NYS?
    By Jake Levi in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 07:59 PM
  3. Any Glass Harp fans here?
    By Ethan25 in forum Outside
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 11:24 AM
  4. heads up for ochiba fans
    By dick benbow in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-26-2007, 12:11 PM
  5. Bringing Koi From Canada To US
    By MikeM in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-30-2006, 11:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Articles - Sitemap - FAQs and Rules

KB Footer Graphic
Straight from Japan... For the serious hobbyist!
All content and images copyright of: Koi-bito.com