Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BKKS this weekend!!!!!!!!!!

BKKS this weekend!!!!!!!!!!

I had to laugh after reviewing the various boards this year. No a single mention of the Enlgish national show. In the absence of the All japan show, this is the BIGGEST show going this year!
    Was hopeful that a kind hearted Brit would take a few pics of the event and kindly post them for all to see. Benching is friday with the judging saturday and viewing sunday. THAT's THIS weekend!!!!
    If it's not an imposition and someone volunteerrs to shoot some pics and post em', could you keep an eye out for a few olde blue koi and shoot a coupla pics of them as well! (LOL)
    thanks Mate!

Dick,

We'll see whatwe can do for you. Looks to be an exciting weekend, heard rumours about GC contenders.
    I'm only going tomorrow (Sat), but will see if we can find a 'blue picture' for you!

Hi Dick! Tried to respond to yopur post on another board, but could not remember my password!

We have just about been done in by Ireland. Today we played tourist in Bath. [They won't let you even dangle a foot in the baths, but they do encourage one to drink the foul hot spring water. Does that say something about the Brits???]

Tomorrow is the BKKS National. The family has decided not to go shopping as originally planned. Instead, they are off to Paris for the day. I'll be up around 5:30am in order to have time to get lost and still make it to the correct train station to be in Newark early. Then a brief taxi ride and I'll be at the show. Assuming I can get the batteries re-charged, I'll have the digital camera. Then, IF my daughter gets it right, I'll email photos to somebody after I am back in London. That will likely not be until Sunday local time, so I expect somebody else will post the GC soon after it is named. I'll have to leave the show before the judging is done, so I'll luikely not know the GC myself. BUT, I will get every Asagi photo'ed.

Bob,Mike
    You Guys are the BEST!
    Mike you lucky Bum! I hope when you post you'll give us a sense of the sights and sounds of being there. Pictures are great but intangable to the
    opportunity to actually be there!
    Im real anxious Bob to see who will repeat as the dealer that brought in
    the GC. Will Peter get the title back, will Mike repeat, will someone be suddenly thrust into the limelight! This is great stuff!
    Thank you both for keeping an eye out for any neat looking asagi!
    Enjoy, enjoy....color me green with envy!

Dick,

Just waiting for the pics to be emailed to me, then I'll post them for you. One cracking Asagi, estimated at 90cm, lovely clear head.

Dick,

Pictures wont be long just e mailed them to Bob,sorry about the quality but hope they are ok.

Graham

Asagi's from BKKS show for Dick

Dick,

Well here they are and we searched high and low for them.

One great Asagi at approx. 90cm with a lovely clear head and what' looks to me like lovely reticulation - but what do I know. 3 pictures of this one for you.

A gin Rin Asagi. which was unsold at the time, but being touted by Clearwater Koi, size approx. 60cm. They sell Ogata Koi, so presume this one is from there.

3rd Asagi is a lot darker and was in the show. Estimate the size at 40cm.

Graham & Bob

A tip of the hat to you both. What a really nice thing for you to do.
    Thank you so much!

The gin rin is iwashita's work. Nice koi and I bet she's three, no more than 4 years old! Nice Koi

The next monster is a beaut! This is an especially good one and It looks like marusei as the breeder. This is narumi asagi.

last one is gunjo or kongo-they are darker than narumi. Not as graceful as narumi. No disrepect but not on same playing field as others.
    these are fir FIRST pics I've seen on the BKKS show so good job!

Great to have seen Bob and his mate as well as Mike Snaden again!

Brian we missed you! You would have loved the weather ( if you like buckets of rain!)

Dick you really had had the folks dancing to your pipes! Seems like everone I came across was out collecting asagi pins or pictures for you. Too bad you didn't get a chance to see the big gal in person. Impressive even if asagi isnt one's personal taste!

B.Scott

Scott,
    Thanks for the report. Other than what I've seen on this board nothing else has been mentioned. I was sure that since it's sunday afternoon/evening there we would have gotten word who won, which dealer brought in the koi etc.
    I kinda felt embarrassed about people looking for pics and pins etc.
    But no one can doubt the good heartedness of koi keepers in the UK. I
    hope when the reverse is needed I'll be there for them too!
    As for the rain, Gee that sounds like the best in Pacific Northwest weather! If I'd of been there it would have been just like being home!
    I just received a private message from a KB poster who has volunteered to receive my pics and get them posted while dan's machine is out of service. So hopefully in the next few days we'll have some more
    to look at from the blueberry tails...Will reveal who that is at posting but what's so great about this to me is that this person is in another continent
    from us in America and the UK. Man, I love this hobbby and the people!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast