Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By nguyendacbiet

Thread: Ultrasieve Screen Got Flooded!!! HELP PLEASE

Tosai

Ultrasieve Screen Got Flooded!!! HELP PLEASE

After of years washing my Matala settlement chamber I decided to bought two Ultrasieve Grav Fed both run on two 4" pipes from bottom drain, Skimmer and mid-drain pipes. I use two Sequence( 1-8200 prime pump and 1-6800-non-prime pump). I cuold not adjust the water flow over the dam from flooded the screen. I did everything they say in the manual. I use three different level on the floater, filled the floater with 3liters water, and do the same thing with NO water in the floater. It seem like when the creen don't get flooded the pump starve but when the pump got enough water the screen got flooded. I call the supplier and did what they said but still not working. From what they said and what I know the bottom of the screen should stay DRY. I even lower and raised the POND WATER LEVEL...still not working. What am I missing here? THankx

Is your UltraSieve installed at the proper level?

Ultrasieve Screen Got Flooded!!! HELP PLEASE-ultrasieve_install.jpg

MCA
    I had 2 Cetus sieves for years and now run 2 US3 sieves. Things to check:

• US3 is not installed around 2cm or 1" below max pond water level. If this is the case, and the US3 is gravity feed, not pump fed, the box may fill, but it can not overflow.
    • US3 is for gravity fed, not pump fed.
    • Float is in the right set of holes in the weir panel for the flow rate you want. I have mine set for max flow rate.
    • The float should be around 2/3 water and the rest air. Make sure that is the case and the plug is on the float's opening.
    • If you turn off the pump, water will generally flow backward through the pump and fill the US3 box. No problem, just turn the pump back on.

Pictures would help.
    Koi keeping is not a belief system; it is applied science with a touch of artistry.

Tosai
    When I received my Sieve filter they put the screen backward and I thought that arrow support to goes up where the water come down over the dam. I saw an video on youtube and it darn on me. I switch the screen back and it work like a charm. Thank you for all your replies....I be a happier man when I don't have to spend 45 minutes to clean my settlement chamber on the weekend......wooooohooo
    ricshaw likes this.

MCA
    Glad you found the problem of the screen being upside down. You will find that usually arrows on pond parts, and general plumbing parts, indicate the direction of flow when operational. I am sure the operational US3 will reduce the detritus getting to the subsequent filter chambers.