Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Central florida koi show

Everyone got to see the awards at the show committee meeting this past weekend. I think more than one person was thinking Best Bekko would really be worthwhile! With each piece truly being unique, somebody might prefer Reserve to GC. LOL.

In any event, nobody will be thinking 'where am I going to put another Lucite trophy'. Each award is beautiful for display.

The Central FL show is a great way to kick off the show year! Great venue. Food, entertainment, and accomodations right there. Will be there.

Mike, Judging by CFKS 2014 Best Bekko is actually quitecompetitive. As the GC winner you probablydon’t notice such things but there were a least five outstanding shiro bekkos onshow ;-). Mine the biggest only tooksecond in variety (so really 3rd) because the actual best bekko won theBotan Award. The prizes this year areexcellent and so a better winning variety strategy would be to go for … no Ibetter not give it away. Rob

The edition of the Central Florida Koi Show is going to be tremendous. The show will once again be honored to host the annual meeting of the American ZNA Presidents. Following up the AKJA judges' seminar at the 2014 show, with all the AKJA judges judging the show, this time we turn to ZNA for the judging. ZNA Southern Koi Association has been working with Dick Thomas, US ZNA District Chairman, to welcome Japanese judges to our show. The ZNA Presidents’ meeting will be held Friday morning and there will be a ZNA Judging Seminar (open to the public) Friday afternoon. The koi show is judged on Saturday. The ZNA Judging Seminar cost is $20, and with it comes admission to the full series of other seminars held throughout the day on Saturday. Word is that the koi to be evaluated at the ZNA Judging Seminar will be supplied by Devin Swanson, Koi Acres, and most likely will be Sanke or Showa. [Personally, I wish it were possible for the four Sanke being evaluated in the AKJA on-line judging exercise to be the subject of the ZNA exercise, and we could get an idea of differences in approach between AKJA judging and ZNA Japan; but, it is rather unlikely those Sanke will still be available in March.]

Our vendor line-up is coming into shape as well. There is only one space available at this time. The line-up currently stands like this:

VENDOR SPACE ASSIGNMENTS

ATRIUM

1. On Hold for Aquility Systems
    2. Bristol Koi
    3. ASR
    4. BioQube filtration w/GCTek
    5. GCTek
    6. Razorback Koi
    7. Legacy Koi
    8. Whaley's Fishlips
    9. AVAILABLE as of Jan. 15 [Bridge Way had to cancel]
    10. Nisei Koi Farm/Quality Koi
    11. Schroettinger's Samurai Scaled Koi
    12. OPEN
    13. Carolina Koi
    14, 15 &16. SoBe Koi
    17. Pond Rx
    18. Genki Nishikigoi
    19. Ecological Laboratories
    20. River Garden Nursery
    21 & 22. Deepwater Koi Innovations
    23. Wonders of Water
    24. Champion Koi
    25. Kodama Koi Farm
    26. Ultra Balance Koi Food
    27. Happy Koi of Greenville
    28. Hikari
    29. Happy Koi of Greenville
    30. RAFFLE
    31. KaiZen Aqua
    32 & 33. Anjon Watergardens
    34. Koi Care Information Booth
    35. SHOW WORK AREA
    36. All Things Koi
    37. Embroidery By Denise

TENT

T-1 & T-2. On Hold For Pentair AES
    T-3 & T-4. Purdin Koi Farm
    T-5 & T-6: Flatrock Koi
    T-7. Aquatic Nutrition
    T-8: Blackwater Creek Koi Farm
    T-9. Peters & Son
    T-10: Koi Acres (dry booth)
    T-11: Koi Acres (wet booth)
    T-12. ZNA Judging Exercise

It's going to be a great show!

Last edited by MikeM; 01-15- at 10:04 AM. Reason: update

Here is the Koi Pin, and Logo for the show. I might have to book an additional tank to get one of these awards. I have been lucky enough to get at least one for the last three years, and my wife keeps ordering new shelving to display them.......I'm running out of space.......had to take down some pictures of the family/kids to make room.........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Central florida koi show 2015-2015_big_pin.jpg  

I do believe we are less than 90 days out! Whoo hoo!!!

In just two months it will be show time. Those planning to enter koi in the competition (or goldfish in the goldfish show), should get in their entry forms. The forms and show rules are available at the show website. Central Florida Koi Show . With the numerous awards for non-gosanke, hopefully there will be a lot of infrequently seen entries.

The judges this year include a ZNA judge from Japan who is coming with an interpreter, Dick Thomas, Mike Frady, Dale Gingerich, Teri Alexander and Ray Alexander (the Alexanders are AKJA candidate judges). Since we had virtually all of the AKJA judges last year, bringing in some ZNA judges helps mix it up a bit.

We are sold out of vendor spots. The last open space went to a new vendor, Blue Eco Filtration. [Correction... as of Jan. 15, one space has become available for a dry vendor]

Our sponsors are:

Platinum: SoBe Koi
    Gold: Pentair AES
    Gold: The Koi Store
    Silver: Ultra Balance Koi Food
    Bronze: Quality Koi/Nisei Koi Farm
    Bronze: Happy Koi of Greenville
    Bronze: River Garden Nursery
    Bronze: Bristol Koi
    Bronze: Purdin Koi Farm

Plus, special appreciation for Hikari, which is sponsoring the show shirts which all of our show staff and volunteers will be wearing on Saturday.
    Last edited by MikeM; 01-15- at 10:05 AM.

MCA
    Between Blue Eco Filtration, Bridge Way Koi, and Deep Innovations everyone should be seeing the latest and greatest in rotary drum filters, variable-speed high-efficiency pumps, and shower filters. I have seen a few of the large gosankes that will be headed to Orlando. Talk about serious large eye candy!!!! A good time will be had by all.

See y'all in Orlando in the near future!!!

Anything you can say about the large gosanke headed to the show?.... I always get excited to see them as they arrive. Since so many entries come from outside the area, I expect to see the unexpected and am seldom let down.

MCA
    I can confirm they don't belong to DW or me. Big time wish they did.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast