Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Is my Cetus Sieve screen upside down

Fry

Is my Cetus Sieve screen upside down

I have installed a Cetus Sieve pre-filter this spring. It is working very well, no more string algae in my main filter! One issue I have is the algae is not sliding down to the drain by itself, I have to remove it by hand.
    When I did the daily clean up today, I notice when I slide my finger tip down on the 300 micron screen, it was rough. When I slide my finger upward it was smooth. I tried to flip the screen for a test, but the top edge was grounded to a sharp point for fitting under another piece of stainless steel. it cannot be flip.
    So, the question--- is my screen up side down from the factory?

Nisai
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubra View Post
    I have installed a Cetus Sieve pre-filter this spring. It is working very well, no more string algae in my main filter! One issue I have is the algae is not sliding down to the drain by itself, I have to remove it by hand.
    When I did the daily clean up today, I notice when I slide my finger tip down on the 300 micron screen, it was rough. When I slide my finger upward it was smooth. I tried to flip the screen for a test, but the top edge was grounded to a sharp point for fitting under another piece of stainless steel. it cannot be flip.
    So, the question--- is my screen up side down from the factory?
    Could be But we can see this guy manually pressure -washing some algae down ....

also if the smooth side was up it would cause more water to slide down and into the drain ... Water will take the path of least resistance ....
    It should be only the splashing action that moves the waste down as seen in the video below . so if you have more waste with more mass than what the splashing action can move down then ,i guess you will have to remove the waste physically..

Anyways even it is wrong a parabolic sieve cannot be serviced by us and you would need to contact evolution ....Why don't to give them a buzz to confirm ......
    Regards,
    KK