Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MikeM

Thread: Sakai Fish Farm Auction Oct. 2 & Dainichi Auction Oct. 7

Sakai Fish Farm Auction Oct. 2 & Dainichi Auction Oct. 7

While Momotaro continues to be the earliest auction of the season, SFF is having it's first auction of the season on October 2, with Dainichi following on October 7. SFF is still posting the koi that will be auctioned. So, it's a work in progress. There are some sansai to be auctioned that look great. The Kohaku are amazing, as always. Dainichi has not started posting.

For SFF: γˆδ—{‹›κ@|‚‹‰‹ΡŒο‚̐ΆŽYE‰΅|

For Dainichi: 倧ζ—₯ι€Šι―‰ε ΄ζ ͺ式会瀾

These three have sort of established their order, with enough time in-between for dealers to attend all.
    Tosai_Sunny likes this.

The Dainichi auction koi are now posted: http://ocs.sub.jp/na/list.php?AuctionNo=7

Dainichi has definitely decided to come on more strongly in the koi placed for auction. I guess the high bidding last Spring has convinced them not to be too cautious. Some very nice koi listed. The by-products of their regular production are very interesting... a Bekko and a few GinRin Benigoi for those wanting something different. The few Shiro Utsuri are interesting, too. For me, however, it is the 4-star 'special' Showa that get my attention. There are some 3-star Showa that look about the same, which shows that you really have to be there in person (or have a dealer present in whom you have great confidence).

a local dealer attended the Mono auction last night, he gave us a "live auction" for koi folks here in San Jose.
    It was really fun indeed. My bid did not go anywhere. Well, next auction then.

--Dinh

I've not gotten through all the Dainichi Showa.... I keep repeating videos. Such beautiful koi. But, some are difficult to evaluate in the video because they were so heavily sedated. The 5-star Special 02, for example, has stupendous pigment quality, but is so drugged her body seems warped. Very unfortunate.

My favorite is 5-star Special 01, but I'd never waste time bidding on something so far out of my financial comfort zone!

Two that are really interesting to compare are #010 out of GachaX, and #037 out of Monster1. Both have an atmosphere of being Sanke with motoguro, especially #037. For both, little sumi is showing and the beni is atypical for Showa. Their bodies are quite different from one another. #010 has more the type of body one expects in a Showa, but long with great strength in the tail. Such a powerful body form. #037 has a very modern Sanke-like body line. I would definitely love to raise up #037, looking every day for sumi to come up on the face and head, worrying over the choice constantly until there was enough sumi to recognize her as Showa. The future sumi of #010 is more obvious and the beni more intermediate between Sanke and Showa. Fascinating duo to compare. It would be neat to have both to raise together.

Among the 3-star Showa I've studied thus far, #037 is the one that keeps drawing me back. But, if spending real money, I'd go for #011 out of Blue as a more reliable, safe choice. Definitely Showa and I do not mind the absence on beni in the midsection. The sumi pattern there is too much of a delight to worry over the absence of beni.

Anyone know any U.S. dealers attending the Dainichi auction??

>> Anyone know any U.S. dealers attending the Dainichi auction??

Mike, a local koi dealer here, who attended the recent Momotaro auction will be attending the Dainichi auction as well.

--Dinh

I could never bid on any of those koi. They are probably worth more than all my cars put together

Quote Originally Posted by Akai-San View Post
    I could never bid on any of those koi. They are probably worth more than all my cars put together
    Akai-San, you never known..... I thought the same thing before my first ever bidding. I remember Majestic Koi was the one who first bidding for me. I won the fish with half of my max bid. So, what I am trying to say is that, try within your range and it will be fun whether you win or not.

--Dinh

This SFF Auction i had tried to bid on two koi and they are turn out to be in the top 10 or maybe top 5 most expensive koi in the auction . One of them is second most expensive , of course they went way over my koi budget(triple time) . I need to adjust my eye to fix my budget or i just have to be dreaming .....

agree with Mr. Dinh " try within your range and it will be fun whether you win or not."...try to bid the koi we like, when we win that mean we are lucky and be a happy buyer , if we lose that also good save $$$ for future koi