• 1 Post By Tora Bora
  • 1 Post By MikeM
  • 1 Post By ricshaw
  • 1 Post By sacicu
  • 1 Post By yerrag

Thread: A not so conventional Koi Pond Build

Sansai

A not so conventional Koi Pond Build

Our pond , featured in the FB link below , which is for open viewing ( I tried loading the snaps in the koi bito forum , it was taking way too long , and the sequential viewing was getting muddled ) was built in about 8-10 months time . It was an expansion of a 300 gallon pond to 13,000 gallon . Its gravity fed via bottom drain to a brush filled vortex tank . This tank pushes up water via two magnetic pumps to a 5 tier concrete bakki shower having 200 kgs of BHM . There is a 1.5 HP sewage pump that sucks out water from the settlement tank , 8 times a day , for a minute of a time . When this happens , the fresh water inflow triggers in for 2 minutes from the ground water . Hence , there is 5 % water changing happening , spread over 8 parts of a day .

The sewage pump has by-pass purge valves which helps in flushing the bottom drains and the underground pipe connect of the pond to the vortex tank .

It was a 8-10 years of study that helped me in going about in having this pond thought of , and then made . The person who is holding the little kohaku in his hand is the gentleman who led our family to this difficult but rewarding hobby of " change " . If koi keeping has to take off in earnest in India , it will because of his single minded purpose of getting this hobby to the shores of India . Am very thankful to Purush Narayanan of Genichi Fish Farm . Also am very grateful to others in this forum and outside , whose posts and articles i studied , researched , and then applied. Thanks to the shinning galaxy of these stars , i have learnt a bit , and am still learning

Best regards ,
    Sanjay

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202568812163798&set=ms.c.eJxVkkmO BTEMQm~;U8oCn~_1~;sk02LWpXqCUNM4hYW1bse3jm3f~;5PMj Y3WogvqDHVmOX6CYlpklQN6JMupJpTCyE4TrWm0ykPI6SDU6dZ 9aZOs5rkXH3m~_UQoKWpSp46733yIgUQ3vaPPiQ8~;CzNX0kZy SgCSEuJLTaomjD5oJd4kq~_RItJ~;I57ympKjZVNJPU9oq7~_s gzQcywD8lHrAbJb1w101xlLlqyozkPj2zsfw4B5ilZy5uwUckp HloL92iX3pr~_mvHS7fgLcNHs4aNub6NYD7ik86roKZ~_4K2bH A~-~-.bps.a.10202569178852965&type=1&theater
    ricshaw likes this.

Very nice! This link might work better.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...8852965&type=1
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club

Wow! Love the boulders, the bridge..... I know it will be much enjoyed.
    Tora Bora likes this.

Sansai
    [QUOTE=jnorth;215821]Very nice! This link might work better.

Thanks very much JN ! Am grateful.............it was a lot of blood sweat and tears . i know money is always the background , but then i always value the blood , sweat and tears better And i am sorry , i forgot to mention , a big , big thank you to my family , without which, undoubtedly this pond would have never ever taken shape .

I love the concrete shower trays!

Tora Bora likes this.

Thanks for the links. I really enjoyed how that koi pond was built and how your family worked on this project together and to see how well the result turned out.
    Tora Bora likes this.

Now, thanks to you Sanjay, we will have trouble to upgrade!
    Tora Bora likes this.