Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Brian
  • 1 Post By dinh

Thread: Death of my son, 5 years worth of Koi to sell

Fry

Death of my son, 5 years worth of Koi to sell

Please help. I just lost my 21 year old son who was raising Koi since little fish, now they are 5 years old and there are about 20 +. These are in his natural habitat Koi pond and I must sell them all because I can not take them home, there are over 21 inches long and many colors. They are located in Napa Valley. These come to you like little dogs for food and are very domesticated.
    I do not know anything about them, only that he had a deep love for his fish one in particular is a white one which I will keep in his memory, but I do not know what to do with the rest.
    Thank you for your help. My name is Carren and I do appreciate any help or assistance I'm a grieving mother that is desperate for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Death of my son, 5 years worth of Koi to sell-20141007_135757.jpg   Death of my son, 5 years worth of Koi to sell-20141007_135756.jpg   Death of my son, 5 years worth of Koi to sell-20141007_135754.jpg   Death of my son, 5 years worth of Koi to sell-20141007_135752.jpg   Death of my son, 5 years worth of Koi to sell-20141007_135758.jpg  

Death of my son, 5 years worth of Koi to sell-20141007_135800.jpg   Death of my son, 5 years worth of Koi to sell-20141007_135807.jpg   Death of my son, 5 years worth of Koi to sell-20141007_135809.jpg   Death of my son, 5 years worth of Koi to sell-1408493396560.jpg  

Hi Carren,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It seems like your son really enjoyed koi, and I hope that someone from this board that is in the area can step in and offer assistance.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Fry

Thank you Brian

So kind of you to reply and thank you too for putting the thought/message out there for someone local to assist me.
    I deeply respect the world in which my son participated in with his love of Koi. He was so animated when it came to showing me which of the Koi's had personalities and which one's were so unique, these are memories which I shall never forget.
    I hope that they will go to someone who cares as much as he did and I only want to do right by that. Again, thank you.

Always hard during the holidays, to lose someone special. But I think the spirit of the holidays with others who can be especially compassionate can be of help. It always takes someone local to come along side as the miles don't help the cause. So I'm hopeful you'll get the help you need. I'm glad you have such good memories. thoughts and prayers your way.

I have sent the info along with the link to ZNA NorCal members asking them for help if possible.

Best,
    --Dinh
    dick benbow likes this.

Fry
    How kind your words are and thank you for your understanding. It is the most difficult time for me. My son was my life, my only child and the only person to be there for me. I have no one else in my life but my elderly parents and the memories, yet I feel very honored to have been his mother and to have had him for 21 years, to have shared in this kind of love he deeply had for his Koi. A special love like no other I've seen when it came to his fish. Again, thank you Mr. Benbow I do hope you have a warm and joyful holiday.

Sansai
    Please accept my condolences for the loss of your son. I know how difficult these times can be for a family member. If NorCal ZNA is unable to help you try contacting one of the officers from the Camilla Koi Club in Sacramento. You can find their contact information at: www.camelliakoi.org.

Carren, my deepest sympathizes for your loss, I could not imagine. I'm over in Santa Rosa and if I can help out in your situation please feel free to call at 707-494-2609

Our ZNA NorCal Secretary Don Chamberlain also sent the info to the San Francisco Bay Area Koi Club
    as well. It is a bit closer than us here. Hope it will help.

On Dec 10, 2014, at 3:00 PM, Don Chamberlain <[email protected]> wrote:

Troy,
    Here is some info about a pond being closed down. Since this is a bit closer to many of your members I thought it might be interesting if you haven't already seen it.

Happy holidays, and...

Happy Koi Keeping,

Don Chamberlain
    GreatWave Engineering
    [email protected]
    http://greatwaveeng.com
    408-594-4161

Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 05:45:18 +0000
    To: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; vutran[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
    Subject: Fw: Koi must go !!! If you can help, plz contact Carren !!!

I sent this info to members, I just wonder whether any of you got it early on? Thanks, --Dinh

On Monday, December 8, 2014 9:18 PM, Dinh Nguyen <[email protected]> wrote:

Folks,
    Found this on Koi Bito for a koi family in Napa. Please do if you can help. Death of my son, 5 years worth of Koi to sell Best, --Dinh

On Dec 10, 2014, at 3:00 PM, Don Chamberlain <[email protected]> wrote:

Troy,
    Here is some info about a pond being closed down. Since this is a bit closer to many of your members I thought it might be interesting if you haven't already seen it.

Happy holidays, and...

Happy Koi Keeping,

Don Chamberlain
    GreatWave Engineering
    [email protected]
    http://greatwaveeng.com
    408-594-4161

Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 05:45:18 +0000
    To: [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]
    Subject: Fw: Koi must go !!! If you can help, plz contact Carren !!!

I sent this info to members, I just wonder whether any of you got it early on? Thanks, --Dinh

On Monday, December 8, 2014 9:18 PM, Dinh Nguyen <[email protected]> wrote:

Folks,
    Found this on Koi Bito for a koi family in Napa. Please do if you can help. Death of my son, 5 years worth of Koi to sell Best, --Dinh