Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: ultra sieve III

Fry

ultra sieve III

Does anyone know about the Ultra Sieve III filtration ? How does it work and how good it is ? Thank you.

MCA
    Sieves are very good mechanical stage filtration. Of course they have nothing to do with next stage which is bio conversion of ammonia to nitrite to nitrate. It is hard to beat a shower for that purpose.

I replaced Cetus units with US3 units over a year ago. IMHO, US3 has much better design and build. I am upgrading my US3 units to 200 micron screens as I will not be taking the significant cost of upgrading to an RDF. I got the optional lids for my US3 units as they sit outside. The lids hold down the growth of algae and biofilm on the screens and sieve walls. I have never had to remove the screens to clean them. Just open the slide value and spray the screen with a garden hose.
    Koi keeping is not a belief system; it is applied science with a touch of artistry.

Fry

Us3 filtration

Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    Sieves are very good mechanical stage filtration. Of course they have nothing to do with next stage which is bio conversion of ammonia to nitrite to nitrate. It is hard to beat a shower for that purpose.

I replaced Cetus units with US3 units over a year ago. IMHO, US3 has much better design and build. I am upgrading my US3 units to 200 micron screens as I will not be taking the significant cost of upgrading to an RDF. I got the optional lids for my US3 units as they sit outside. The lids hold down the growth of algae and biofilm on the screens and sieve walls. I have never had to remove the screens to clean them. Just open the slide value and spray the screen with a garden hose.
    What is. Us3? Where can I find the spec.of us3?

US3 is shorthand for Ultra Sieve III.

Hey Wlking,

"does anyone have the unwanted damage wedged stainless steel wire mesh giving away for ultra sieve III ? I like to sent the sample to one of my associate in China? It should bring down the cost. Thank you. Wlking1688"

Are you trying to get the product specification and info so that you will have your associate in China makes copy? Do you know the violation of copyright issue for the product?

MCA
    Do you know the violation of copyright issue for the product?
    Since when have mere copyright or patent issues ever stopped anyone in China?

Quote Originally Posted by MCA View Post
    Since when have mere copyright or patent issues ever stopped anyone in China?
    Aha Michael !!!! you know the answer ;-)) and I would prefer our own Koi-Bito MikeM to answer that if he is willing to do ;-))

However, knowing the intention of a person for the copyrights issue, we should not involved in helping them to do so.

Best,
    --D

MCA
    This may also come under the "Penny wise, pound foolish" rule. It would be so easy to spend more in design, construction, and shipping rather than just purchasing a legal one. Can you imagine trying to set up a jig to precisely hold wedge wire to get 300microns between welded rows? Will the quality be the same as if it came off an assembly line that makes them routinely? Not likely.

Wedge wire screen is already manufactured in China... just do a search on Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters & Importers from the world's largest online B2B marketplace-Alibaba.com