Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Suggested Books For Koi Growing and Breeding

Quote Originally Posted by dinh View Post
    Hi Reza,

Then I think you can simply ask Kerry or Obama to bring some koi books to Iran for you on their next trips for nuclear talks ;-))

Seriously, you can access to the internet, you can find a lot of information there. This forum is an example, you can search thru and find a lot of value stuffs here.

Welcome to Koi-Bito.

--Dinh
    Dear Dinh;
    actually what I learned is what you and the others discussed about koi selecting, keeping and so many other things. we have no high grade koi as you have in your ponds, I have a friend he is koi breeder he has 70,000 sq.meters Fish farm he breeds long fin koi's on Saturday I will go to his shop and will send some videos in this topic. we start to make a virtual(internet based) society for koi keepers in iran what we try to do is increasing the knowledge of koi and on koi keepers and breeders.

please let me to give you some videos of koi shops and available kois in Iran. it will help you to know more about Koi keeping in Iran.

The Nuclear problem of Iran is more complex then we can imagine. If Carry can understand what pain I feel and I have when I watching Koi Shows, Sakaei, Momotaro,Dainichi and the others Kois,even may be bring me some kois too.

Thanks for all

Quote Originally Posted by Reza View Post
    Dear Dinh;
    actually what I learned is what you and the others discussed about koi selecting, keeping and so many other things. we have no high grade koi as you have in your ponds, I have a friend he is koi breeder he has 70,000 sq.meters Fish farm he breeds long fin koi's on Saturday I will go to his shop and will send some videos in this topic. we start to make a virtual(internet based) society for koi keepers in iran what we try to do is increasing the knowledge of koi and on koi keepers and breeders.

please let me to give you some videos of koi shops and available kois in Iran. it will help you to know more about Koi keeping in Iran.

The Nuclear problem of Iran is more complex then we can imagine. If Carry can understand what pain I feel and I have when I watching Koi Shows, Sakaei, Momotaro,Dainichi and the others Kois,even may be bring me some kois too.

Thanks for all
    Hi Reza,
    I was teasing a little bit in my early post. In anyway, more koi hobbyists, more koi books for reading is much better than reading nuclear making books !!!

Ping me your address, I will send you a set of koi books as part of supporting the Iran Society for Koi Keepers.

Best,
    --Dinh
    Reza likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dinh View Post
    Hi Reza,
    I was teasing a little bit in my early post. In anyway, more koi hobbyists, more koi books for reading is much better than reading nuclear making books !!!

Ping me your address, I will send you a set of koi books as part of supporting the Iran Society for Koi Keepers.

Best,
    --Dinh
    Dear Dinh;

Kidding is Welcome. I really don't know how to appreciate your kindness. it is very good thing that you are happened in this 13th of our new year.

I will send my address in private massage.

I will be thankful forever.

Dear Friends;
    As I said here you can find some videos from koi shops file names which start with "Gillkoi" is for a breeder. other two files once is imported not for sell but the base price is 2000$, for each kohaku and Shusuies were from 1500$ up to 3000$.

for more clarifying compare prices with common salary in Iran: 4 years (BS degree) graduated of e.g. Computer since / network / Web Programmer per month (48 hrs per week and 26 days of month) = base salary 225$ up to 500$ and 700$~800$ paid for high experienced/supervisor or management levels .

for more study check the fallowing sites:

Cost of Living in Tehran. Updated Prices Apr .
    Cost of Living in Tehran, Iran. Prices in Tehran. Updated Apr

note: in Iran Youtube.com has been filtered by government therefore I decided to upload videos on mediafire.com.

Link of shared folder :

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ntobk23makd2

Please check and if you had problem please let me know.

Thanks
    Last edited by Reza; 04-06- at 01:32 PM. Reason: correction it has several writings problems

I cannot comment on the pricing of these koi. The Iranian currency is greatly devalued on currency exchanges due to the sanctions, so a direct comparison is not possible. They seem to be expensive in relation to the cost of a number of the items in the price surveys, as compared to what similar koi could be purchased for in the U.S.

The koi in the videos I am comfortable commenting upon. They are what would be considered 'pet shop' or 'pond grade' koi. Low quality genetics. The imports are better quality than the domestics, but still of modest quality. However, the koi appear to be healthy and have been given good care. While the bright colors and deep blacks of higher quality koi are missing, a person can find some attractive ones that would create a beautiful pond. I would say the majority of people in western countries begin their koikeeping journey with similar koi.
    Reza likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I cannot comment on the pricing of these koi. The Iranian currency is greatly devalued on currency exchanges due to the sanctions, so a direct comparison is not possible. They seem to be expensive in relation to the cost of a number of the items in the price surveys, as compared to what similar koi could be purchased for in the U.S.

The koi in the videos I am comfortable commenting upon. They are what would be considered 'pet shop' or 'pond grade' koi. Low quality genetics. The imports are better quality than the domestics, but still of modest quality. However, the koi appear to be healthy and have been given good care. While the bright colors and deep blacks of higher quality koi are missing, a person can find some attractive ones that would create a beautiful pond. I would say the majority of people in western countries begin their koikeeping journey with similar koi.

Dear MikeM

Thank you so much for your pay attention. Just 10% of these kois are going to be kept in Ponds most of them goes to aquariums. here is no koi keeping culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Reza View Post
    Dear Dinh;

Kidding is Welcome. I really don't know how to appreciate your kindness. it is very good thing that you are happened in this 13th of our new year.

I will send my address in private massage.

I will be thankful forever.
    Packing a set of Koi magazines including KoiUSA, Koi Carp (UK), Nichirin (Japan) mags.
    A koi Crazy, a set of KoiKichi 2, Koi by Grant Fujita and few other koi books.

Will be going to the post office in the morning to send to Reza.

'

Best,
    --Dinh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Suggested Books For Koi Growing and Breeding-img_1982.jpg   Suggested Books For Koi Growing and Breeding-img_1983.jpg   Suggested Books For Koi Growing and Breeding-img_1986.jpg   Suggested Books For Koi Growing and Breeding-img_1987.jpg  
    Reza likes this.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH My God.

what can I say and How can I appreciate your favor? how lucky man I am!????

I am really thankful for your kindness and favor,

Sorry that I need to share this experience today. Not trying to invoke anything into this rather than just the love and passion for koi.

Went to the post office during the lunch time to send a package to Reza. The package is around 30 pounds that has all koi books, koi magazines and a few ZNA NorCal koi pins, nothing else in it. The package has shipping address in Persian and English as well. It was my turn and I placed the package on the counter, the postal clerk takes a briefly look over the label, without saying anything and she asked me to step over the other side and called other person to help me. Here is the conversation thereafter.

[Postal clerk] Sir, you want to send a heavy package to Iran?
    [me] Yes, Sir !!
    [postal clerk] Sir, have you sent any package to Iran before?
    [me] No, I don't recall so, Sir.
    [postal clerk] It is a heavy package.
    [me] yes, I know sir, I scaled before bring it to the post office
    [postal clerk] What is inside the box?
    [me] books and magazines.
    [postal clerk] Can you open the box?
    [me] Yes and I opened the box. (note: there are few set of koi books that still wrap under plastic paper)
    [postal clerk] Are you sure inside wrap box are books?
    [me] hmmmm, I did not open them, but surely koi books are inside.
    [postal clerk] then called a supervisor to come over

[supervisor] Sir, books or magazines are not allowed to send to Iran.
    [me] Really?
    [supervisor] Yes Sir.
    [me] but they are koi books, nothing else?
    [supervisor] Any books are not allowed?
    [me] by our great government, Mam?
    [supervisor] No Sir, not our great government !!! It is not allowed by the Iran government. Here is the prohibitions for mailing to Iran.

USPS - Prohibitions for mailing to Iran:
    Alcoholic beverages.
    Books, newspapers, printed matter, writing, records, pictures, emblems, and any other articles of a seditious or immoral nature or contrary to the principles of the Islamic religion or accepted customs.
    Coins; banknotes; currency notes; travelers checks; securities payable to bearer; gold, silver, platinum, whether manufactured or not; jewelry, precious stones, or other valuable articles. Iran will accept no liability for loss of or damage to such items.
    Fashion newspapers.
    Firearms of all kinds; weapons; and ammunition.
    Games involving profit and loss (for example, dice or card games).
    Musical instruments.
    Perishable infectious biological substances.
    Perishable noninfectious biological substances.
    Radio systems that are equipped with a single sideband; upper sideband; lower sideband; beat frequency oscillator; continuous air wave band; police band; or an FM band having a frequency range of 76 to 87 MHz.
    Radioactive materials.
    Skins of animals the consumption of whose flesh is prohibited by Islam.
    Sugar, brown sugar.
    Used clothing.

Sorry Reza.

I can fathom Iran barring books that could be considered 'seditious or immoral', etc. But, all books? I wonder if the USPS isn't being too broad in reading the ban as covering koi books, which are not seditious or immoral in any sense I can understand. In any event, it is very sad when politics gets in the way of people making connections about something as non-political as pet fish. 'Friendship through scales' takes on new meaning.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast