Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: To Feed OR not To Feed?

Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    Back to topic... Do you think the "Krill" used in AZOO is high quality? Or a by-product of processed Krill?
    Even if they used good quality krill it seems that fishes did not interest in this food. My friends which feed Azoo asking the reason for hesitation of their fish in this food.

Quote Originally Posted by Reza View Post
    Even if they used good quality krill it seems that fishes did not interest in this food. My friends which feed Azoo asking the reason for hesitation of their fish in this food.
    I had to soak the pellets in enzyme overnight and the koi started to eat it. But they were not enthusiastic eating it as compared to other koi food. It takes an hour or so for them to consume it fully.

Reza, you may want to just soak overnight with water, if you don't have enzymes. I use as much as 200 cc water to a 350g of Azoo.

I'm not confident at all the red coloration is from krill. It could be synthetic asthaxanthin being used, but even then I doubt the coloration would be that intense. Most of the coloring would have to come from food coloring.

Synthetic asthaxanthin is widely used in giving color to aquaculture stocks such as trout, salmon, and shrimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Reza View Post
    I is quite normal for koi to reject a new food at the start. Nither will they eat a worm if they have not done that before.
    I symphatise with al the people in Iran but the situation is not going to get better. Fact is that the Iranion exports are 80% oil . So oil production would have to double which is impossible to do unless at least $200 billion was invested and sanctions were lifted. Not to mention the huge expenses of Iranian military aid. The recent ground to air missiles from Russia is $800 million.

If the sanctions are lifted I will send you some books. I would however never violate sanctions by doing so the back door

Regards
    Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Eugeneg View Post
    I is quite normal for koi to reject a new food at the start. Nither will they eat a worm if they have not done that before.
    I symphatise with al the people in Iran but the situation is not going to get better. Fact is that the Iranion exports are 80% oil . So oil production would have to double which is impossible to do unless at least $200 billion was invested and sanctions were lifted. Not to mention the huge expenses of Iranian military aid. The recent ground to air missiles from Russia is $800 million.

If the sanctions are lifted I will send you some books. I would however never violate sanctions by doing so the back door

Regards
    Eugene
    Dear Eugene;

I used to feed Azoo near a week but steel they were not enthusiastic eating it. in other cases that you mentioned I am agree with you. in fact , these are people that had to pay the cost of Government's policies. I think here is not a good place to talk about political thoughts, however there is so many critiques to GOV policies.

We do it all days all nights with our friends in Viber, Line, Telegram, Tango Whats app. But everything is different in background, and nothing will change because people are poppets and power is in other's (poppet master's) hand .

one more brand is also available in the market.
    please, If any one used it share the experiences.

it is European brand Vitakraft (Dutch) in little and big packages.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails To Feed OR not To Feed?-5472f390b431e6bd0e4176f17b4de36dbc699febb780feb94f5a6fbc6d7d0461.jpg  

Here is the homemade koi foods. The smell is not so fishy.
    homemade 10$ /kg
    Azoo 8$/kg
    Tetra Pondstick (color / growth) 8$/box
    JBL energy 22$ (100ml)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails To Feed OR not To Feed?-20150422_004.jpg   To Feed OR not To Feed?-20150422_006.jpg   To Feed OR not To Feed?-20150422_007.jpg   To Feed OR not To Feed?-20150422_009.jpg  

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456