Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: To Feed OR not To Feed?

To Feed OR not To Feed?

Hi there;
    the same old question to which brand is good to feed. the available foods In Iran are these foods how ever they may be found some other brands too but the most shops are selling these foods.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails To Feed OR not To Feed?-130513387527349878.jpg   To Feed OR not To Feed?-130517206838659274.jpg   To Feed OR not To Feed?-p-437209-49787-pond-food.jpg   To Feed OR not To Feed?-9c7f249b22ea5afb2545b278353cb87d18d7cde5d6b2329fc2defb71ad125447.jpg  

I have had experience with the Tetra sticks and AZOO brands and did not like them.
    Reza likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ricshaw View Post
    I have had experience with the Tetra sticks and AZOO brands and did not like them.
    Dear Richard;
    Thank you for your reply, Actually I feed my Kois with the same food the breeder feed.They buy this food from a Iranian fish food manufacturing. they produce foods for and Carp and Salmon farming. but after 2 weeks I think fishes are going to be fattened there is no growth in length. I believe that "healthy Koi is hungry koi". and they are almost hungry in all time even after feeding. I am not feeding more but they grow in width.

Thank You

The Tetra pond food uses good ingredients and has very reliable production processes. But, in my opinion, is very expensive. The food is inflated with air, making it one of the most costly foods per pound, but it seems cheap for the volume.

Azoo is a leading brand out of Taiwan. I consider it a reasonable choice in the mid-range priced foods. I used it over 10 years ago, but preferred other brands.

I am not familiar with the two foods that appear to be produced in China. I do not have much confidence in feeds produced in China to be what they are supposed to be. There have been too many instances of mis-labeling and adulteration of foods intended for human consumption, and harm to dogs from melamine contaminated dog food, for me to trust Chinese food products of any type. I understand the Chinese government has made efforts to better regulate the producers. If a few more years go by without another horror, my opinion may change. But, for now, I would not use them even if they were free.

The locally produced food may be high in carbohydrate and low in protein. This is often true of foods used for producing food fish in large outdoor ponds. These foods can give acceptable results in that situation because insects and other aquatic life supplements the pellet diet. And, the goal is poundage, not body form.

Given your available choices, I would try the Azoo brand.
    Reza likes this.

Only my koi will eat Azoo. The turtle turns up its nose. My cat won't even consider it even when starving. It is filled with red coloring so humans can be tricked, like I was, into thinking it helps with coloration. It only enhances the color of - Poop! Same color in, same out.

You will be fined for dropping it in Singapore. Chewing gum!
    Reza likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Reza View Post
    but after 2 weeks I think fishes are going to be fattened there is no growth in length.
    How old are these fish that you are expecting to see growth after 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by yerrag View Post
    Only my koi will eat Azoo. The turtle turns its nose. My cat won't even consider it even when hungry. It is filled with red coloring so humans can be tricked, like I was, into thinking it helps with coloration. It only enhances the color of - Poop! Same color in, same out.

This may be banned in Singapore for its chewing gum feel!
    That is what the AZOO I bought looked like. Very red and I saw some floating red poop.

How old are these fish that you are expecting to see growth after 2 weeks?

Dear Richard;
    thanks for your reply, they will finish their first year these days. One of them is several months older. they fasted in 4 Centigrade near 8 weeks after that i add a heater and kept in 8 ~11 Centigrade and start to feeding them.

That is what the AZOO I bought looked like. Very red and I saw some floating red poop.
    My asagi would gulp a load of the floating pellets, and then blaahhh- retch it all out. But she will eat it just the same. It would be her way of telling me "Never buy this again, please, oh please, I beg of thee."

Quote Originally Posted by yerrag View Post
    Only my koi will eat Azoo. The turtle turns up its nose. My cat won't even consider it even when starving. It is filled with red coloring so humans can be tricked, like I was, into thinking it helps with coloration. It only enhances the color of - Poop! Same color in, same out.

You will be fined for dropping it in Singapore. Chewing gum!
    Dear Yerrag;
    In Iran Azoo is the most available and easily find food. the other foods are also some expensive but Azoo has 2 packages "growth plus" and "color enhancer". I personally think when feeding color food to fish it start to develop unexpected colors on the scales and the body of the fish.

Ingredients of Azoo is
    Wheat Germ, Krill, Yeast Powder, Shrimp Powder, White Fish Powder, Soy Bean Powder, PSB, Enzyme, Spirulina Extract, Glucan, Multivitamins and Minerals

may be the reddish of food and Poop is because of krill. Of course if the ingredients is true and the Food contain krill.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast