Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How they could raise koi to 1 Meter?

Quote Originally Posted by Eugeneg View Post
    Jumbo is 80cm and a meter is 100cm so one can get a lot of nisai that have jumbo potential and a very high quality under 10 thousand gosanke.
    Regards
    Eugene
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by APOLONASGR36 View Post
    Well said.
    I have like 3 gosanke bought as tosai with good skin and decent pattern that have now reached 80cm after growing them for just three years and I estimate it just cost me just less than 4 thousand dollars for all three already. . Didnt realized growing jumbo gosanke nowadays has become easier than many years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sacicu View Post
    I have like 3 gosanke bought as tosai with good skin and decent pattern that have now reached 80cm after growing them for just three years and I estimate it just cost me just less than 4 thousand dollars for all three already. . Didnt realized growing jumbo gosanke nowadays has become easier than many years ago.
    I have several over 80cm gosanke that I bought as tosai or nisai for a very reasonable price . I do not believe Eugeneg was talking about an average nice 80cm + gosanke . He was referring on some really rare animals of excellent quality and 90-95cm+ like the all Japan winners/ competitors .

Quote Originally Posted by APOLONASGR36 View Post
    I have several over 80cm gosanke that I bought as tosai or nisai for a very reasonable price . I do not believe Eugeneg was talking about an average nice 80cm + gosanke . He was referring on some really rare animals of excellent quality and 90-95cm+ like the all Japan winners/ competitors .
    At that level, 10 thousand dollars is not enough. 100 thousand dollars may just buy one a chance. Hehe

I think one other important thing of rising koi to bigger size, backs to the koi's fry age. On that age good nutrition and food quality will help to fundamentally body development beside the health caring. However, nutrition and healthy condition is about life term and should be done well for each season.

Every little things in this age will effect on fish all life. Enough good food and also healthy and wide environment will gives good condition in rising faster and bigger.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123