Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Brian..........

Quote Originally Posted by markgardner
    And phew, i was thinking there would be an Asagi on issue 8 just to appease that Benbow chap! :wink: :lol: :lol:
    No, when I get a good pic of a great Asagi that will print nicely on full A4 size, then it will grace the cover. Issue #8 will be the asagi special issue though. I think that everyone will learn a lot from the two combined articles and also the interview with Hosokai-san. Very informative and thought-provoking.

Dick has a very Japanese-eye for picking up on the orderly grace and beauty of the asagi, so no jabs! :wink:
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Yes, I do!
    Okay...can't promise anything, but I'll see what I can do...
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Jumbo
    I think i'll need a stiff drink before I can force open the front cover of issue 8!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Will it come with a cover mounted bottle of sake? :wink:

I think i'll need a stiff drink before I can force open the front cover of issue 8!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    You might be surprised! Anyway, before you have that stiff drink...how about starting off the connection poll, as everyone else seems shy. :roll:
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Jumbo
    I have voted already, ADSL, bring on some multimedia stuff thick and fast. It will stop me having to keep posting my Momotaro video files on the web.

Hey Brian, I was wondering since I joined the last subscription late am I still availible for issue #7? I did subscribe issue during #2.

looks like some good stuff on the way top marks to you brian.

paul

Mark,
    Go sanke are kinda boring....kidding....a good anything is something to behold. I do think it's neat that Brian has enough "hudspa" to put something
    different on his cover. I hope I live long enough to see one of my favorite red,white and blue ones on the front.
    was out to the berry farm this am and did the next to final cull on the asagi's and kohakus. have 5 great patterned kohakus and a georgeous tancho kohaku. looks like the new male is making a difference.
    thursday I'll go thru the sanke again. The showa are coming on strong now and there are some killer ones in there. Am surprised as mom is konishi and old style and dad is kindai from torazo, the first year he bred showas. patterns are diverse but great potential and body structure. as always the shiros are killer! Surprisingly the ochibas this year are better as well. the chagoi and kigoi are decent.

Gosanke carry the flame but there is nothing like a big old brown obese fish. Thank you, Brian.

Dick, what about the baby Asagis?

SMG
    I will get some photos posted next week. I had to move the babies into a protected pond and lost volumn so the growth has slowed. Was running across some bird predation. The babies are up to about 3 1/2 to 4 inches now. There are two color varieties in the school. the predominant ones are like dad-reverse. The few exceptions are narumi. Seeing an entire school of them swimming together is hard to put into words but I could stand out there by the pond for long periods of time just watching the bb and flow as they scoot here and there checking things out.
    Mark
    thank-you for suggesting a front cover

Brian
    Your comments were appreciated. They were akin to my favorite compliment that i ever received from Kyoshi Seike, my japanese gardens instructor. I worked two years under his instruction before he let me have the "priviledge" of working on his garden. He said " inside the body of this american student lives the soul of a japanese". I was very touched.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast