Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Central Florida Koi Show 2016

I hope to be there in 2016. It will be great to finally put some names and faces together.

Wonderful!

There are so many people who have said for years that they are going to come 'maybe next year'. I am hoping this is the year they all come.

We are at the early stages of vendors signing up, but it is looking like a strong line-up. Champion Koi, Genki Nishikigoi, Quality Koi, Kodama, Razorback Koi and Bristol Koi are among the koi dealers who are definitely coming. (I apologize to whoever I left out.) I expect we will be close to having all spaces taken 6 weeks from now. As soon as I know about the seminar series, I'll post about it.

Mike and all, where can people find the exhibitor entrance package? where is the website for the 2016 CFKS show info?

The website has not been updated for 2016. It will be in time. www.centralfloridakoishow.org

Right now we are in the 'preference period' when vendors at the show can reserve before we open to new vendors. It ends on November 18. Then we work out requests to relocate among the returning vendors. When that is done, usually around Thanksgiving, we open to new vendors. In the meantime, if someone wants to contact me for vendor info, they can email me: mike.mcmahon@akerman .com [excess space to challenge bots]

There is a waiting list of koi dealers already. We limit the number so sales are not spread too thin. The koi dealers are as much of a draw as the show ring. We want them to do well and come back every year. So, we aim for variety... domestic and imported; cheap pond fish to expensive show koi; and geographic diversity. It is common for a koi dealer to be on the wait list a year or two before there is an opening. With the goldfish show having really grown beyond expectations, we would like to have a few goldfish vendors. We have had one the past two years. It would be good to have another. There is almost always room for a new 'dry' vendor... anyone not selling fish. And, if there isn't, we will see about creating more space.

OK, Mike, thanks for the long post ;-))

Please reserve 1 show tank for Carlene Lee. I will PM you her contact so that you can give her the details and fee for her show tank.

Best,
    --Dinh

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    The website has not been updated for 2016. It will be in time. www.centralfloridakoishow.org

Right now we are in the 'preference period' when vendors at the show can reserve before we open to new vendors. It ends on November 18. Then we work out requests to relocate among the returning vendors. When that is done, usually around Thanksgiving, we open to new vendors. In the meantime, if someone wants to contact me for vendor info, they can email me: mike.mcmahon@akerman .com [excess space to challenge bots]

There is a waiting list of koi dealers already. We limit the number so sales are not spread too thin. The koi dealers are as much of a draw as the show ring. We want them to do well and come back every year. So, we aim for variety... domestic and imported; cheap pond fish to expensive show koi; and geographic diversity. It is common for a koi dealer to be on the wait list a year or two before there is an opening. With the goldfish show having really grown beyond expectations, we would like to have a few goldfish vendors. We have had one the past two years. It would be good to have another. There is almost always room for a new 'dry' vendor... anyone not selling fish. And, if there isn't, we will see about creating more space.

Mike, email sent. let me know if you got it.

--D

We have a great line-up of vendors coming to the show. Just a couple of spaces are available. (These cannot have koi for sale.)

VENDOR SPACE ASSIGNMENTS

ATRIUM

1. On Hold for prospective vendor
    2. Bristol Koi Farm
    3. ASR
    4 & 5. Aquaculture Systems Technologies
    6. Razorback Koi
    7. Deepwater Koi Innovations
    8. Therm Products
    9. Nisei Koi Farm/Quality Koi
    10. Schroettinger's Samurai Scaled Koi
    11. AVAILABLE
    12. Carolina Koi
    13, 14 & 15. SoBe Koi
    16. Pond Rx
    17. Genki Nishikigoi
    18. Ecological Laboratories
    19. Fish Corner (Gunn )
    20. Ultra Balance
    21. Light Forge
    22. Wonders of Water
    23. Champion Koi
    24 & 25. Kodama Koi Farm
    26. Happy Koi of Greenville
    27. Hikari
    28. Happy Koi of Greenville
    29. RAFFLE
    30. AVAILABLE (Limited Size)(Raffle Expansion)
    31& 32. Anjon Watergardens
    33. AVAILABLE (Table Only)
    34. AVAILABLE*
    35. AVAILABLE*
    36. Embroidery By Denise
    *Either 34 or 35 will be show work area

TENT

T-1 & T-2. Purdin Koi Farm
    T-3. Aquatic Equipment & Design
    T-4. Legacy Koi
    T-5 & T-6: The Koi Store
    T-7. Aquatic Nutrition
    T-8: Blackwater Creek Koi
    T-9. Peters & Son
    T-10: Koi Acres (dry booth)
    T-11: Koi Acres (wet booth)
    T-12. Koi Acres (wet booth)

I'm looking forward to March more than Christmas!

Great job CFKS.

Always happy to see any club that doing well for their shows.... Keep up the good work.

--Dinh

If you are making a trip to come to the show, time is running short to make hotel reservations at the show rate. February 5 is the deadline to get the group rate.

The show rate at International Palms is $98 (plus taxes, of course). This is the full charge. The $12 per day 'resort fee' is waived. So, it really is $98. With tourists coming to Orlando like never before (60 million in , a new high for any city in the world), the hotels have raised rates and started acting like the airlines, adding all sorts of 'little' charges that aren't mentioned when they quote the room rate. It has become common to see 'resort fees', 'business center fees' and other 'service charges' automatically added. So, if you shop around and find a lower rate, it may end up being more. The internet packagers do not know what will be added (or often say they don't), so you need to contact the hotel to be sure.

To make reservations, telephone: 407/351-3500 or 1-800-354-8332. Mention the 2016 'Group Code: CLK'.... or they'll charge more. Or, give the reservation webpage for International Palms a try:

https://bookings.ihotelier.com/booki...&hotelID=77384

BTW, the show's block of rooms is in the tower where the show action occurs.

I can't think of a show I'd rather be at than the CFKS. This is shaping up to be another success and every year I see some sort of improvement. Great job to the clubs and volunteers that make it happen. Following the forums/groups I can see there will many new folks coming down. Always nice to see some new faces as well as the same peps each year.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast