Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: 10th Dainichi Auction Oct 3rd,

10th Dainichi Auction Oct 2nd & 3rd,

want to see a preview of the nisai available for the upcoming 10th Dainichi auction? yes? then look. no? then skip to another post.

this is a crappy video as Shigeru had just finished a treatment. But I can tell you the number 1 koi (a showa) will fetch millions of yen easily. 62cm with no food since Sept 10. Killer body and skin that outshines everything else. oh, some nice other koi in there as well. Need more money....Shigeru will have his pics up in the next couple of days.

https://youtu.be/lKBLE7ZOCBM

pictures are up! send your dealer how much you are willing to spend (don't forget about the commissions)!

錦鯉web-登録リスト

Taking a quick look, there are a lot worthy of study. Wonderful Showa. I'm going to be spending a lot of time going through them.

I like how Dainichi has jumped in front of Momotaro to hold its auction first. Momotaro is only getting started setting up its download of auction koi. Dainichi was slow to do this type of internet-promoted auctions, but now challenging to be first.

There is a Showa up for auction that has been run down in a discussion elsewhere, criticized as 'crap', having too short a head and bad pattern:

錦鯉web-詳細

I think this is an example of how a photo can distort a koi. The angle of the photo causes the head to appear disproportionately large and the tail to seem thin. In person, I suspect this 59cm nisai would give a very different impression. The beni appears to be thick and even. The sumi is refined, albeit already heavy in the rear and still forming. At 59cm now, she has shown a propensity for growing. The pattern is definitely not something I would prefer, but if she grows to exceed 85cm, the pattern would make a bold impression of strength. Yes, she needs to be seen in person, and that means relying on a dealer in attendance to make the final call... as one always must do at dealer auctions. I can readily understand why there would negative reactions to the photo. I think this is an excellent example of why reliance should not be placed on photos, and why a hobbyist must have confidence in the judgment of their dealer and give the dealer in attendance the flexibility to use their judgment. It is something all can learn from, whether it is a high-end breeder's auction or photos on a dealer's website. Is she crap?.... I don't think so. But, I've not seen her either.