Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: Anyone knows world most expensive koi?

Anyone knows world most expensive koi?

Dears,
    In our social network channel a person asked a question "Anyone knows world most expensive koi?". In a country that there is no even east Asian breeder's (not Japan) "cull grade" koi, a person asked this question, and til now near 36 person warmed it up, and now it is the hottest question in channel.
    i remember that last year a Sakai fish was sold for 41 million yens and one year later a Momotaro Showa was soled to 26 millions of yens.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone knows world most expensive koi?-photo_2016-09-30_19-56-30.jpg   Anyone knows world most expensive koi?-photo_2016-09-30_19-55-48.jpg  

Every year there is a lot of talk about one of the big 3 breeders getting an enormous amount bid for a young koi at auction. I am never sure how accurate the stories are. No doubt some astronomical sums do get paid for young koi whose futures in the show ring are thought to be excellent, but inherently risky. Until a koi is 5 years old or more, there are a lot of open questions. Where are the most costly nisai from 2012 now? .... I cannot recall hearing about a GC at a major Japanese show being a koi that sold at a record breaking price at auction.

While the attention goes to auctioned koi, I'm pretty sure that the highest price is paid in private and never talked about in public. I expect I would be amazed if Ryuki Narita told all he knows about prices paid.

Thanks Mike,

As you said the highest prices that paid never leaks. Also I think the highest prices are talked in sales offices between breeders and about the oyagois and their potentials not about less than 5 years old kois. GC brings a big honor "milestone" to breeders/farm history. But I think "honor" has some differences of "value".

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Where are the most costly nisai from 2012 now? .... I cannot recall hearing about a GC at a major Japanese show being a koi that sold at a record breaking price at auction.

I've stated this several times. I keep waiting for one of these Auction Koi to Win at a Major Koi Show.

MCA
    We will likely never know anything about the very private deals for the top koi. It is not in the best interest of the dealer or hobbist, especially very rich industrialists, to advertise such transactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Reza View Post
    Dears,
    "Anyone knows world most expensive koi?".
    The one that jumps out of your pond the day you buy it...
    Koi-Unit
    My personal koi page Updated 7/8/07
    ZNA Potomac Koi Club