Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan

Thread: No Microscope? Get the Foldscope at Kickstarter 10am PST NOv 21

No Microscope? Get the Foldscope at Kickstarter 10am PST NOv 21

How many of us would go out of his way and buy a microscope to really examine what kind of parasite is on your fish? It is expensive, bulky, and just as easily falls into disuse that by the time you want to use it, the lens would have fogged up from molds on the lens, and you end up having a doorstop?

Good news! Foldscope will start its Kickstarter campaign at 10am PST Nov. 21. And you can get the chance to order a foldscope and back this Kickstarter campaign. From foldscope.com : THE FOLDSCOPE IS AN ULTRA-LOW COST MICROSCOPE MADE FROM COMMON MATERIALS SUCH AS PAPER. IT IS DESIGNED TO BE PRODUCED AFFORDABLY, TO BE DURABLE, AND TO GIVE OPTICAL QUALITY SIMILAR TO CONVENTIONAL RESEARCH MICROSCOPES.

I'm going to order from Kickstarter, and have myself a very handy microscope that is very low-cost, powerful enough like the heavyweight microscopes, and have it handy and ready. I never know whe I will get a parasite (I hope not), but shit happens. It won't cost much, it won't take up much space, and you'll have something that is vital to your koi pond toolkit. Since it's really small, just make sure you don't tuck or slip it somewhere and forget where to look for it.

OK, this s not just for parasites. There are many other uses for it. It's a microscope!

It turns out the Kickstarter is only offering foldscopes with 140x magnification. It says in the future there will be foldscopes made with higher magnifications. AT 140x, it wouldn't be suitable for our needs. Sorry!