Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Why some fries are not grow as same others Grow?

Great Pairs of Parents, Specially your female koi was very eye catching for me and I am so sorry about her.
    You said those 4 photos you previously shared was for culling fishes. is it possible to share photos of selection part?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Sounds good... Going too fast in koi breeding is the road to ruin. I think there is a market for nisai grown out from tosai, but reaching it through FB, etc. is a job in itself.
    I agree with that. That's why I'm taking my time and trying to grow things slowly and organically. With that being said, I'm pretty excited about the upcoming season.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Reza View Post
    Great Pairs of Parents, Specially your female koi was very eye catching for me and I am so sorry about her.
    You said those 4 photos you previously shared was for culling fishes. is it possible to share photos of selection part?
    Thanks Reza!

I can do better than photos (even though I have some) by posting some videos here. The first video shows a vat holding fry that are to be culled through. They were netted up out of the mud pond and kept in a 8 foot show pool, awaiting their turn at the culling net. The overwhelming majority of these will be rejected for one reason or another.

This next video shows some of the koi that made it through the cull and were kept. I may go through 10 or more vats of koi like in the first video, just to get 1 or 2 koi that I will keep. I didn't get photos of everything that day as it's kind of hard to stop and go with wet hands.

Don't have any photos of the actual culling process, just the before and after. I'm considering buying a gopro camera to wear this year during culling so that I don't have to hold a camera and then you can see exactly what I'm seeing.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Dear Brian, Thank you so much for great videos, Do you allow me to share these photos and videos in, Iranian Koi Keepers Society SocialMedia(Telegram) Chanel ?

Quote Originally Posted by Reza View Post
    Dear Brian, Thank you so much for great videos, Do you allow me to share these photos and videos in, Iranian Koi Keepers Society SocialMedia(Telegram) Chanel ?
    Hi Reza,

You can repost the videos if you like, I don't mind. Thanks for asking first though!
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12