Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forum migration complete

Exclamation Forum migration complete

Folks,

We've completed the migration with few issues, and you should all be able to login using your old logins and passwords. If you should have any issues, you may need to delete any cookies that you have from koi-bito.com that begin with the prefix "bb".

Photo attachments did not migrate at all, and the developer is reviewing this now. You will be able to post new photos, etc. without any problem though.

Please feel free to contact me should you encounter any problems.

Best regards,
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Sansai
    A different new look! I thought I am in the wrong place.

Brian,
    It's good of you to always want to improve. Keep up the effort. Thanks.

Jumbo

Wasted space

Brian

I can help but feel there is too much 'wasted' space at the top of the screen what with the standard Bito banner and navigation, banner adverts, board 'toolbar' before actually getting to the meat of the board.

At my standard 1024x768 resolution over half the browser window is taken up by the stuff detailed above.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by markgardner
    Brian

I can help but feel there is too much 'wasted' space at the top of the screen what with the standard Bito banner and navigation, banner adverts, board 'toolbar' before actually getting to the meat of the board.

At my standard 1024x768 resolution over half the browser window is taken up by the stuff detailed above.

Mark
    Mark,

That empty space is actually being reserved for an interesting future development. Keep your eyes peeled!
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Jumbo
    Brian

It isn't empty as in nothing there, it's got stuff there but from a personal 'user' perspective it's 'wasted' in view of the fact that I don't use it.

Mark

Thumbs up

Hi Brian

I think the new site is looking great, even on a slow dial up connection its quick and easy and very smart looking. Well done.

Paul

Lightbulb An alternative

Quote Originally Posted by markgardner
    Brian

It isn't empty as in nothing there, it's got stuff there but from a personal 'user' perspective it's 'wasted' in view of the fact that I don't use it.

Mark
    Hi Mark,

Not quite sure how to answer that...the board has been free to users right up to this date, and this is a commercial site which we use to promote the magazine and our advertisers that help make Koi-Bito possible. The forum has to be complementary to the magazine and promote itself and our advertisers as well.

If the design really bothers you, and you'd rather just see that posts, then you can choose to review it in "archive mode" by going to:

Archive Mode

instead of the regular site.

rgds,
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Nisai
    Very nice upgrade Brian. Everything look so neat & tidy to me. Like the calendar feature. I'm sure it'll be very informative to Hobbyists that want to know what koi events is taking place around the globe. Thanks.

Cheers
    SF

Jumbo
    Brian

I understand what you are saying I just think, from a usability perspective, there is a load of stuff getting in the way and hiding the content of the board.

Anyone viewing on lower resolutions such as 800 x 600 will probably see almost nothing of the forum when they hit the forum home page without having to scroll.

It's not a major big deal, i just think the balance is slightly wrong with regards to usage of screen real estate.

Mark

p.s. the attachment is what I see on entering the board (resized to 800x600) and may clarify/demonstate better.
    Mark Gardner

Hi Mark,

Like I said, this is a commercial site so the banners, and Koi-Bito panel back to the main site aren't going anywhere soon. I understand your issue with the white space, but this is earmarked for something coming up on the horizon. Think of it simply as a "watch this space" sign.

The archive format is available for people that would rather not see graphics, and is the only option available for the time being. Perhaps we'll come up with some more designs in the future, but we only have some many resources to work on the magazine, website, video productions, etc. Sorry, but it's all I can manage at the moment.
    Brian Sousa
    Koi-Bito Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast