Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Momotaro Sept Auction Pics

Tategoi
    Quote Originally Posted by kiky
    Nice pictures indeed. Maybe somebody else who were also there can post more pictures to share?
    I noticed that Kevin has a number of photos from the trip here: http://www.genkikoi.com/Japan2b/index.html

Unhappy

Thanks for that link Jason, some great pics there, even one of the kohaku i didn't get!

Thanks to all for posting pictures and links.

Definitely need to get to Momotaro's some day and enjoy the fabulous koi in person.

Thanks Guys,
    Really enjoyed the pics
    Jaco

Aquitori, watch out!

nice pictures, thanks for posting!
    Just wanted to point out that the correct name of the owner of Okayama Momotaro Koi is Mr. MAEDA, NOT the misspelled Mr. "MEADA" that appears in two different messages on this thread! I know it is very easy to misspell words and names, I'm also doing it frequently.
    But believe me, written this way (MEADA) it has quite an unpleasant meaning in spanish (piss, slash!). Spanish is currently the 4th language in the world with more than 330 million people having it as their mother tongue in more than 20 different countries.
    I enjoyed very much the priviledge of sharing jacked potatoes and conversation with Daisuke Maeda at the BKKS 2004 Koi Show, and somehow felt the need to make this point while showing a little bit of respect.
    All the best,

Quote Originally Posted by aquitori
    Here is a couple of my pics I took.
    Pic 1. Hanging out with my buddy in front of the Hotel.
    Pic 2. Daisuke feeding the fish in the 1500t pond with Tofu and Pumpkin.
    Pic 3. Mr. Chen, Brian and Mr. Meada looking at some Nisai the day before the auction.
    Pic 4. Erwin observing Mr. Meada netting some Tosai Kohaku for Tosio Sakai.
    Diego Jordano
    Cordoba, Spain
    A.E.K. web site http://www.elkoi.com
    pers. web site http://es.geocities.com/estanqueskois/

My bad....Didn't mean to do that...Then again thanks for being the teacher's pet and calling me out in front of the whole class. In my haste to share photos with everyone I have misspelled the name of one of the coolest guys on the face of the earth. Well Mr. Maeda, if your out there reading this I am sorry for the mistake....Maybe next time, I should keep my pics to myself than make spelling errors that people enjoy looking at more than pics. Well anyways.......Gudday to all. Shot, I mean Good day...

Tategoi
    Hey, I had no idea there was yet another name for cooter.

Hey Jason, are tanks still availble for the show? Cuz, I still need to send my show package to you guys.

Smile Excuse me...

Aquitori, I wanted to send that message to you privately. Didn't know how to do it properly, and I should have spent some time learning how to do it.Thought it would work clicking on "quoting", I think. That was a dumb thing to do.
    Please, acept my apologies.
    Teacher's pet...? Good one!
    Diego

Cool

No hard feelings...What I found in this hobby the last 9yrs is that every hobbyist is unique and also that we need more support for this hobby. "New Blood" is need to freshen up the dull at times atmosphere surrounding this hobby. Grumpy old men stuck in there old ways snubbing the younger guys any chance they can to put us down. Do I care? NO..Shot I know more than guys who brag they have been in the hobby 10-20 yrs. Am I helpful to those who ask for my help in this hobby...YES.
    The fact that I went to Japan brought my hobby some what in full circle. If I ever go to Niigata in the future, I still don't think it would match the 4 days I came to understand Momotaro Koi Farm. Mr. Maeda is a very kind man and made everyone feel like one big family. Even though, I didn't spend the kind of money that others spent he still treated everyone equally...From what I hear from some of the breeders in Niigata, that they don't even go out of there way to do even 1/8 what Mr. Maeda did of the dealers and hobbyist. The fact that "The Master" Tosio Sakai was there at the auction had to say something about the level of Momotaro is becoming.

Not effected,
    Tonio

p.s. I heard from Daisuke that "Monster Momotaro" might be making an appearance at the next All Japan Show.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast