Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Answer and cost to run it

sounds like an oxymoron to me. You know, like 'military intelligence
    LOL quite right! my favorite is Tax Return

B.Scott

Jason,

It's great that the dirty water that cleans the screen doesn't get stuck on the screen. That was the #1 thing that I thought would go wrong with these units. The down side to this is, that dirty water goes into the bio filter or back into the pond.

I know Lim is working on making the drum a lot better on this unit.

When it comes to changing out the pump on the Answer, I have thought about it, but you would have to cut a hole in the units and you would also have to have those pipes coming out of the Nexus and have a place for that pump to sit. So for me I will pay the extra to run the pump.

Here's what my wife tells me how we can cut the cost of electric. "Get you fat butt off of the computer". LOL

Tom

I had a discussion with a guy who built a rotating drum filter that was keyed to the water level in the chamber. As soo as the screen started becoming restricted it would go into cleaning mode. Very large surface are with a very fine mesh. The power consumption was incredibly low as was the water useage. The down side is that you must be a clever bunny to build it yourself or fork out a very high price to buy one off the shelf.

B.Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T
    A friend of mine moved to Kona, from the Denver area, and feels that Hawaii's a bargain...Can't understand the 25-30% COLA that you welfare recipients who work for the Fed Govt. get, and tax free no less...

He says his total living expenses are cheaper here than when he lived in Oregon, Colorado and N. Carolina…
    25% COLA and will be decreasing 1% every year till we hit 22%. The problem with Hawaii is the salary that you get working in Hawaii is 30%-40% less than the mainland. Thats why so many move to the mainland. In search for the BIG $$$ and the BIG house. I can easily find a job in my profession on the mainland and get six figures, but totally unheard of in Hawaii, unless you are the big boss. But that is the price for living in Hawaii...meager wages in one of the most beautiful places on this planet.

Hydrotech talks about removing single cell algae (green water) with their drum filter when using the 10 micron screen.

http://www.hydrotech.se/

Hydrotech also has a really good 44-page book entitled "Filtration and reuse of water in fish farming". It is geared to commercial aquaculture and contains some promotional info for their filter, but also does a really good job describing the filtration principals and options, sizing components, making tanks self-cleaning, etc. I have a bootleg pdf file if anyone wants it.

25% COLA
    Excuse me for being dumb. I assume you aren't talking about Coke Cola? What then.

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Scott
    Excuse me for being dumb. I assume you aren't talking about Coke Cola? What then.
    Cost of Living Adjustment - In this case I think they are refering to employees who are transfered there, b/c of higher local living expensizes there pay is increased while working there.

Tategoi
    B. Scott:

Ryan is right, COLA is Cost of Living Adjustment... except it’s paid to ALL Federal Government White Collar workers regardless if they lived or moved here…

Aloha! Mike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123