Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you say Genki Koi?

Can you say Genki Koi?

I can, and I have to say thanks guy's. Today my Marujama Kohaku came in. When I was at the shop a few weeks back she was in QT and could come home with me. But they shipped it to me today and I love her. She couldn't have came at a better time. We had to put one of our cats down this morning and it was a very sad day. Then Genki Koi called saying our koi was on the way. Boy this helped bring a smile to my wifes face. This koi is her's and she saw it in person for the first time today. She was very happy with the way the new koi looked.

Sorry this picture isn't the best, but I will get more soon.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Sorry to hear about your cat. That's nice looking fish. Here is my wife's Maruyama Kohaku taken late year. We purchased it as a tosai from the Yoshida Sale in San Antonio last spring. My wife's first koi and she picked it out herself as well. It's turned out to be a female. It must be beginner's luck! I was just curious if someone can share with us the bloodline of Maruyama kohaku?

Best Wishes,
    Sunny
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can you say Genki Koi?-maruyama_kohaku.jpg  

Tom - Good to see the Maruyama koi arrived in great shape. That's a very nice piece. I'm sure it will bring a lot of enjoyment to you and your wife for a long time. Sorry to hear about the cat . If I don't talk to you before Christmas; have a wonderful holiday to you and your family.

Erwin

Tategoi
    Ge, Ge, Ge, Ge, Genki Koi.... I'll go one further....How about Ke, Ke, Ke, Ke, Kevin Phan....

I'd continue with Joe but I think you guys get the picture...

Before you commercial cops start slapping me around, please note the Genki Koi ad at the top of the page...

Brian: I'm getting tired of these goofy faces, how about the shaka sign Then there's always the "You're number one sign" ! Ok, Ok I'll quit while I'm ahead and before I'm banished for life...

If you want to blame someone take it out on Tom C...

Aloha! Mike

Aquitori should be able to shed some light to the Maruyama bloodline.

Erwin

Quote Originally Posted by Tosai_Sunny
    Hi Tom,

Sorry to hear about your cat. That's nice looking fish. Here is my wife's Maruyama Kohaku taken late year. We purchased it as a tosai from the Yoshida Sale in San Antonio last spring. My wife's first koi and she picked it out herself as well. It's turned out to be a female. It must be beginner's luck! I was just curious if someone can share with us the bloodline of Maruyama kohaku?

Best Wishes,
    Sunny

Maruyama Koi History

Here is a link to a article with photo's I wrote about Maruyama Koi Farm History last year. I love Maruyama kohaku's.

http://www.texaskoi.com/Articles/Maruyamakoihistory.htm

Like most modern breeders he is always bringing in new koi to add to his bloodlines.

both the dad and the son breed koi and are quite competitive. I was very impressed with their place after visiting. All the tosai were so uniform in shape and size.

I was there after an all japan show, and spotted a koi i was very high on from the show. eveidently the dad had purchased it to work into his bloodline. it turned out to be a male but to look at it it had the build of a female. He laughed about it after I asked about the koi.

nice view of fuji-san out the back thru his fields

Known for having the largest Kohaku in all of Isawa & Niigata with "kagura(crimson) beni." Manzo bloodline. Uses Sensuke for growth. Been in business 35 years. Showa also.

For Maruyama history and kagura beni go here:-

http://www.kagura-beni.jp/history.htm

Here's a pic of Yamoto, a well known maruyama kohaku.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Can you say Genki Koi?-yamato3.jpg  

There you go Erwinsan, I think the people above have explained all there needs to be said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast