Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Launch of Koi-Bito Magazine Online - Your Thoughts...

Smile

Well i just love the mag and like to sit down and chill out with a cool beer as i flick back and forth.I usaly flick through to see what takes my eye first but then return many times to the more in depth articals.

I would most probably give the on-line one a go but i too spend tooooo much time in front of a PC as i am always on line looking in and out of forums whilst working LOL

Gazza

Thumbs up

I am in.

Especially like Akai-san's suggestions.

Sansai
    I would be interested in this format. It is affordable for me right now and in the near future where as the magazine will not be for at least 8 years (trying to pay off the mortage as well as support our koi hobby). Count me in.

Steve

Daihonmei
    I ain't in love with japan...it could happen. I do want the knowledge that you are gathering, and $30 US sounds like a deal.

Tategoi
    Brian:

If you create an archive of all the articles with a search engine, it will be well worth the estimated $30.00...

If you want to see a really first class site, go to: e-yakimono.net/

For anyone interested in Japanese Ceramics, this is the site...lists all the artists, kiln sites both current and old and explains all the aspects of Yakimono...Archive of articles is huge...If you replicate this site, you'd have a winner... The owner, Bob Yellin lives in Japan so you could probably discuss the mechanics with him...If you speak to him, please give him my regards...
    Aloha! Mike

Daihonmei
    Mike T
    When me and Al Gore were talking about how we wanted the internet to develop and what we wanted it to become THAT was it...

2p
    Tosai
    let's go Brian, there are many good reasons to the online magazine,and also the printed always make me feel comfortable to a leisure time, my lazy sunday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Akai-San
    But more importantly, I think that Koi Bito could use the online experience to capture the essense of Japanese Nishikigoi. I guess like Mr. Waddington attempts to do with his print work. Just that online...ITS LIVE. Possibilities are endless, the hardpart is deciding what do hobbiest want to see, or better yet NEED TO SEE or need to interact with. This could be just one avenue that leads hobbiest to a one-stop-shop for experiencing Japanese Nishikigoi first hand while even making it reality. Nuff hype, let me think about this for a day and I'll be back with more suggestions on what I would like or should I say "need" to see. This is fun. Aloha...
    Just a few suggestions on website contents...

Everyone talks about dream vacations to different parts of Japan to select and buy koi direct from the breeders. One suggestion is to provide travel guides (which can lead to paid advertisements by the best or most popular tour agencies, hotels, hospitality services, etc.), maps of areas with breeder locations and any advice, sides, or must do things when in specific areas of Japan. Japanese creature comforts, to go along with experiencing the whole essense of the Nishikigoi experience and Japanese culture. I'm sure that breeder's have set hours for purchasing koi, so what are the BEST places to go when koi house doors are closed? Where are the best places to stay? You can even go as far as selling online ad links to companies for making actual online reservations. The opportunities in this area of promotion are endless, sell, sell, sell. Hahaha, of course, I don't know what kind of visitor base each area has so I wouldn't know how equitable it could be (food for thought).

Some other possible features I think would be useful to include that would not exactly mirror any other site might be...
    1. Calendar of Events, Schedules of Special Nishikigoi Events or Shows (To go along with vacation planning)
    2. Japanese Cultural Attractions (Museums, Gardens, Temples, Festivals, etc.)=paid ads
    3. List of all noteable Japanese breeders with links and contact information=paid ads (include hours of operation, maps for location, etc.)

THE KOI STUFF-
    3. Koi Development Featured Variety (Koi Bito already included)
    a. Video or photo comparisons
    b. Online koi appreciation school/lessons (nominal fee for classes)
    c. Virtual Koi Show (Upload personal koi photos, voting access for subscribers, tally and award bragging rights...KOI March Madness Baby!
    4. Featured Nishikigoi People & Nishikigoi Organizations (Koi Bito already included)
    5. Featured Grand Champion Nishikigoi (Campaigning Spots=paid ads)
    6. Featured Technologies or latest techniques that leading breeder's are implementing
    7. Water Quality(Innovations)
    8. Koi Health (How to video clips)
    9. Advertisements (Vendors=paid ads)
    10. Don't forget the FORUM!
    11. Koi Secrets
    12. Purchasing Koi Tips (How to, Featured best value breeders and dealers)
    13. Dealer Links...(paid ads)

I probably could go on forever...but its 3:20am !

Aloha.

Akai-San:
    Thank-you for the time and energy it took to make your posting!

Tategoi
    Akai san:

You give new meaning to the term "You're full of it"...

However, in this case it's all positive, great input... Now, if you put half the effort you spend on this board into building your pond... You'll have a great pond too!

Aloha! Mike

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast