Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Koi Clubs and Koi Shows"

"Koi Clubs and Koi Shows"

Now I know I might be way out of line when I ask this, but what do you guys think about Koi Clubs not having a show every year? Cuz technically your not a "Koi Club" if you don't throw a show every year. Like a Ford Shelby Club who shows there cars every year, why can't some koi clubs do the same? I just wanted to ask, because to promote the hobby a show will do that.
    If I have offended anyone or any Clubs out there this is my opinion. I give props to those clubs who try to put on a show every year with not much of a budget.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Just wanted to get a poll.

1.Who in this board is in a club? You dont have to say your club name.
    2.Do you find you get more information on this Board than at club meetings?
    3.Do you feel your membership or fund raising money is well spent even if your club does not have a show?
    4.Do you feel you have enough say in a club to get your opinions a cross?

The Hawaii Goldfish and Carp Association, the oldest koi club in the country and host of the AKCA annual conference in 2004, does not have shows. Mike T has been trying to get something started with a show, but he seems to have an up-hill battle on his hands. I cannot explain why this is, but maybe Mike T or Akai-San can.

-steve hopkins

Quote Originally Posted by bekko
    The Hawaii Goldfish and Carp Association, the oldest koi club in the country and host of the AKCA annual conference in 2004, does not have shows. Mike T has been trying to get something started with a show, but he seems to have an up-hill battle on his hands. I cannot explain why this is, but maybe Mike T or Akai-San can.

-steve hopkins
    I think you should push the issue with your club...Like I said koi is here for everyone to enjoy and to get more people to spread the joy of keeping koi. Honestly a koi show will push a clubs memebership up.

yes to all the questions I do not think a club HAS to have a show every year to be a good club.. Look at MAKC

I agree! Cycling clubs are no different. You need to put on a race in order to have a club status and get sponsorship etc. Clubs should all need to put on a koi show to better the hobby and grow it.

Mike T, just let me know if you need help with that show. You know I am there for you!!!... Joe

You can have that Bob Winkler (no relations to the fonz) but cool guy be a judge..

I think Shila would have no objection...

Answers to your questions:

1. Not a member of any Koi club
    2. This board especially and the internet in general, have far more information than the club I once went to.
    3. The money raised at the club I was once a member of, is generally well spent bringing new people into the hobby. It ends there though, and never really moved on, just kept repeating itself.
    4. The club was a bit 'clicky', but perhaps I should have tried to get involved more. But felt the circular motion of the club wouldnt do me too much good.

Would like to join a club of like minded people - think this is it and we're in it guys!
    Regards, Bob
    ><{{{{> ><{{{{> ><{{{{>
    <}}}}>< <}}}}><

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Winkler
    yes to all the questions I do not think a club HAS to have a show every year to be a good club.. Look at MAKC
    Cool, just wanted to see what other peoples thoughts were with a "Koi Club" not having a show.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hart
    Answers to your questions:

1. Not a member of any Koi club
    2. This board especially and the internet in general, have far more information than the club I once went to.
    3. The money raised at the club I was once a member of, is generally well spent bringing new people into the hobby. It ends there though, and never really moved on, just kept repeating itself.
    4. The club was a bit 'clicky', but perhaps I should have tried to get involved more. But felt the circular motion of the club wouldnt do me too much good.

Would like to join a club of like minded people - think this is it and we're in it guys!
    Same here, I think I got most of my info from my dealers and net. Anyways I would consider joining a club but none fit my personality.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast