Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SFBAKC Koi Show May 14, 2005

Quote Originally Posted by erwinsan
    [E-San he is gonna Sweep it this year.... !!

Joe
    You must also be a weather forcaster... cause most of the time they're wrong [/QUOTE]

Do I hear crickets?????

truthfully..

WHat is going on with this show? How many tanks are reserved? Who are the judges? Any rumors on who is showing and what? No hype up or is everythign kept secret??

Quote Originally Posted by keokoi

You won't be doing a photo of me since I will be soaking up the rays in Hawaii. I got a life besides koi as well. LOL

Joe
    Nice, Hawaii sounds real nice. Too bad I thought we'd go raise some hell in Sac Town.

Erwin

Quote Originally Posted by erwinsan
    Nice, Hawaii sounds real nice. Too bad I thought we'd go raise some hell in Sac Town.

Erwin

Sac town or Hawaii Hmmmm maybe MikeT can help me with this. Well I'll go out on a limb and Say I'd rather in be in Hawaii.

Well, I thought maybe you would know how many tanks are reserved who is the benching team? Judges Etc... Since I cannot find any info on the SFBAKC.org site..

Quote Originally Posted by keokoi
    truthfully..

WHat is going on with this show? How many tanks are reserved? Who are the judges? Any rumors on who is showing and what? No hype up or is everythign kept secret??
    Here's the info I've got. 20 tanks, non-reserved at this point. The judges are Grant Fujita and Larry Gill. It's going to be at the Deer Ridge Country Club, Brentwood, CA. It's on a golf course. On the grass, with a 30'x 50' tent/shade.

So far, I've extended invitations to the Morales' and the Monis' from down south. Also, Dr Alvin from the Fresno area. The "twoJJs" from the Stockton area. I've also extended invites to the Camellia club members. Garry, JasonS and Rob were going to help me get the word out up north. From our area, Aquitori, Dinh, Dr David, Sean, Duke (according to Sean is interested), inviting Nathan, Lucia, You - Keokoi, and Brian Nguyen.

Ofcourse, it's an open show and open to all koi hobbyist. Jeff Dunkel is the show chair. Anyone interested can PM me and I can get you in contact with him.

Is the show is a "wash"? ~ well I don't know. It doesn't seem to be getting a lot of support. As of last Friday, there was nothing on the SFBAKC web site about it and no registration page. I talk to 2 local dealers who got 20 entry packets each, the packets are all gone with no replenisments from the club. Past this info, I don't have anything else.

Whew thanks Dude! that wasn't so hard .

Well sounds like a fun Venue for sure. I am sure no matter what some choice koi will come out.

Thanks for the info.... !!!

We need Dunkel on this since he is the Showchair....Well the show a go or no go? It's crunch time and haven't heard anything for 4 weeks now...Cuz, if it ain't a go i am off to Missouri....

p.s. i do have some heavy hitter in my 1500gal pond, but I am saving them for next ZNA.... Just joking, I retired from showing, this past ZNA was my highlight of my career and last show. So it's off to Niigata in the fall to come full circle in the hobby....into bonsai now.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

Tategoi
    Quote Originally Posted by aquitori
    We need Dunkel on this since he is the Showchair....Well the show a go or no go? It's crunch time and haven't heard anything for 4 weeks now...Cuz, if it ain't a go i am off to Missouri....

p.s. i do have some heavy hitter in my 1500gal pond, but I am saving them for next ZNA.... Just joking, I retired from showing, this past ZNA was my highlight of my career and last show. So it's off to Niigata in the fall to come full circle in the hobby....into bonsai now.
    NOOOOOOOO!!

I'm gonna be semi-PO'd if I took a day off for a show and the show is cancelled. Well... I could always play with my own fish for a day I suppose. Gonna have fry to raise by then, hopefully.

I'm showing up at Champion's event just to meet with the guys running the show. Run the benching team through the requirements for the benching and judging program and give some tips on how procedures can be structured to work well. I've also got the CKC club's library section devoted to how to run a show -- I haven't even looked at it because Garry seems to be able to run a show in his sleep.

If it is off then I don't need to show up and that's fine too.

Bottom line: I'm still in if you're still in. But I doubt I'll bring any larger fish.

Just got off the phone with Dunkel and the show is officially a wash.

Tategoi
    Sorry I went off on a tangent there but the original "NOOOOOOO!" was actually about you giving up showing.

You really should keep showing.

Too bad about SFBAKC tho'. Seemed like it would be fun.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast