Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Sakai Kohaku

Sansai
    Thanks JR for the valuable advice. Will keep this in mind.

Dick, it is reassuring to know the ability and expertise of Sakai Hiroshima in mudpond management that you had experienced firsthand. I hope I will be able to "receive" her during ikeage this autumn and I will definitely post any photos of her whenever they are available.

Thanks again and warmest regards,

dtbh

Fry
    To : DTBH,

Could you tell me how would you take your Kohaku with you when you fly home ? Do you have pre-booked for the flight or you need to notify the airlines that you would have kois with you.

A answer will be a great appreciated.

Sansai
    Quote Originally Posted by richard
    To : DTBH,

Could you tell me how would you take your Kohaku with you when you fly home ? Do you have pre-booked for the flight or you need to notify the airlines that you would have kois with you.

A answer will be a great appreciated.
    Dear Richard, soory for the late reply as I just returned from a conference in Bangkok with the main topic being "Vaccines for all ages". I was on the lookout for a vaccine for KHV but the only one anywhere near KHV is a HPV....................hard luck!!

To answer your question, I do not need to bring the koi home myself. The breeder will make the necessary arrangement and courier the koi to me or more commonly to a local dealer who has dealings with them.

Fry
    Thank you very much. I always wonder whether the airline allow to send live koi when we check in. It will be cheaper if we can. Otherwise we need to wait until the dealer has a bigger shipment then they can be included. And it will save a lot of work and time to do the paper work at the airport.

Anyway thanks for your reply.

Sansai

Update on my kohaku

It has been about 6 months now and I managed to see this koi in the flesh as a nissai during my trip to Japan a couple of weeks back. I must admit that I am happy with the outcome. Her shiro and beni are good, and she measured in the high 50's (cannot remember 56 or 58cm).

She was supposed to come back last Friday but Sakai Hiroshima "forgot" her. Due to their error Kentaro-san allowed me to put her in the mudpond for another year. Perhaps a good reason to go to Japan again next year?

Attached is the only copy of a photo of her taken by a fellow hobbyist. Hope you enjoy her as much as I do.

Cheers,
    dtbh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Sakai Kohaku-miss-universe-nissai-58cm-nov-2005.jpg  

Are you sure he really "forgot" to ship our fish? Or is he concerned about watching her development for another year. I think he wants to learn all he can about her future-that's why he gave you another year in the mud for free!?! I hope that's the case as that means he holds her in high esteem and really wants to see her next fall at sansai-otherwise, the fish is out of his hands and he probably wouldn't be able to see her again-at least under his care

Thumbs up

Wow!

What a stunner it is becoming!
    You must be extremely pleased with her development.

Sansai
    Doc, When you chose her in April, I thought the pattern was too sparse and only you and your body mania would choose her but having seen her in the flesh, I wud say it has transformed to nice . Forgot ?? Hmnn...Somebody probably wanted to buy her so bad; "misplaced her" and hoping that you will lose interest in her by next year.

From all I've heard of the man, I'd not worry over any "mountain rice farmer" tricks. He says he forgot it; and I'd accept that. ....A beauty. Now have to wait for her to catch up to the Shiro in size.

Sansai
    I am very sure SFF genuinely forgot her. She was harvested on the day we arrived at the farm and was placed separately from all our purchases. Moreover with so many incredibly beautiful kois there, mine was really pale in comparison; not worth their while to have any hanky-panky.

Hwong : Doc, When you chose her in April, I thought the pattern was too sparse and only you and your body mania would choose her but having seen her in the flesh, I wud say it has transformed to nice . Forgot ?? Hmnn...Somebody probably wanted to buy her so bad; "misplaced her" and hoping that you will lose interest in her by next year.

You know me long enough to realise I am a body-and-skin-quality-man and pattern is secondary. If the pattern is pleasant enough I will take her if she satisfies the former (talking about kois...before you get any funny ideas). This koi is a bit head heavy (like JR said, cover with the hand and compare). What I like to look at is when this koi puts on girth. The hi patches at the sides will then be very balanced. Glad that you find her nice too.

Let us see how she will turn out next season.

Thanks,
    dtbh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast