Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TSE Koi 4th Annual Koi Show & Seminar - June 4-5

TSE Koi 4th Annual Koi Show & Seminar - June 4-5

TSE Koi 4th Annual Koi Show & Seminar - June 4-5

Location: 803 So. White Road, San Jose, CA 95127. Phone (408)259-2893.

Mr. Ito of Ito Koi Farm and Mr. Shiro Ito of DCT, Kuwana Japan, will be our head judges again this year. This will be a fun, learning oriented event, where hobbyists are encouraged to judge the koi by themselves.

Plus, the hobbyist with the highest score matching Mr. Ito's result will receive a $1,000 Gift Certificate to be used at Tse Koi Inc.

Free T-Shirts will be given away. Koi sales & raffles.

Saturday Show Schedule:
    11 a.m. to Noon - Mr. Ito Judges
    Noon to 1 p.m. - Free Lunch and Drinks
    Noon to 2 p.m. - Hobbyists Judge
    2 pm to 4 p.m. - Koi sales & raffles

Sunday:
    Open Forum 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
    The world sleeps as the chance to learn something new passes.

wish Blue water koi would do something like that in Washington state! Rod is affiliated with the head judge. Where's "scottie' and his magic beam when you need him. Sure wish i could be beamed up for an afternoon!

If anyone is covering it photographically for KB pls don't forget to take a few pics of koi they find with the color blue firmly attached!

Jumbo
    will the decision for GC be made somewhere over the Pacific?! JR

A cool event indeed. Man I got a busy day ahead of me on that day. I have to work that morning from 5 til 9 then I go to Bonsai show.. until 12ish then down to TSE koi?

Joe

Tom Tse's Koi Event has become an Annual thing here in San Jose, everyone local should come and check it out...

This is one of the winners.. He taught me everything I know he has the eye and defines the word koi kichi!!!

That's Ito San on the left and who is that guy on the right? He has the EYE!

I learn my koi thing from the guy on the right who in turn learned his koi stuff from the guy on the left...How great this hobby is to share such knowledge.

It takes real koi kichi to do this!

That guy one the left goes everywhere koi is!

Jumbo
    OK , let me be the jerk. Once the sting is gone however, you can put some things into perspective.

Never touch koi when you have jewelry on! This means, rings, watches and gold bracelets! One quick move while measuring fish will result in a lost scale or an aeromonas ulcer site when the fish gets home. This is fundamental etiquette for all experienced handlers. A word to the wise—

Ito San is a lovely guy and quite knowledgeable. Has any one visited his place? The family business is to buy koi from koi breeders and grow them out. It takes a sharp eye to pick out others Nisai and grow them out in the limited area the Ito’s have. He does produce a limited number of his own fish ( mostly non gosanke) but less and less as the years go by. I remember when I visited him in 1992 and 1994, a certain pacific northwest dealer tried to convince me that Ito should not be on the same panel at the 1995 AKCA seminar with his supplier, SyunYoshida, as he was great breeder and the other guy was an unknown zero! Kinda made me laugh– these dealers and their infighting- - - - at any rate, we had them together and it came off OK. The business will always promote its interests, the teaching lessons are ancillary. Please do not forget that, or you are destine to follow ‘ false gods’. Trust me, these things always become clear in hind sight.

JR

JR,
    I remember the AKCA tape that was made from that seminar, Whenever i need a laugh I go and get it out and fast forward to the part where they are talking about tategoi and how a certain koi will turn out. The punch line I like the best is where that certain un named individual translated from japanese to english
    " Just a minute and i'll go ask God"! Still makes me chuckle.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast