Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A summer of KHV in the UK ?

Chris, good job and stay with it. Having confidence in a benching crew is pretty important to those considering showing or not.

good to know on the temp Doug, that's what i thought but things change, so it's good to know.

About quarantine

Dick,

As you said, quarantine is SO important. You have seen what we do, and I think it is quite a bit above par, do you agree?

I really do not mean to advertise but we go to extensive expense to make sure our fish are healthy before the sale (and the word goes around and long term we hope it will benefit us).

Even so, it is the buyer's responsibility to ensure the koi is healthy before it is introduced to the pond. As you know, there are many immune system issues that have nothing to do with the health of the fish purchased,
    Arthur

well thanks to you all for the info, you are all responsible koi keepers and have the best interests of the hobby at heart.

this is a world wide web and I know i'm not the only UK based user of this board , this topic has also been running elsewere with the same amount of imput from the UK koi keepers .

it looks like our british reserve and cause no fuss nature could be our down fall.

oh well , what are property prices like in florida ?

thanks
    steve

Jumbo
    To me, buying kois are like buying chinese soya-sauce in a black bottle. You just don't know what the hell is in it until you open it. But the main different is that You can always return the soya sauce if it is bad, with koi, your are s**t out of luck.

As a koi hobbyist, I definately like to buy koi in a way similar to buying chinese soya-sauce in a transparent bottle, better yet one with a 'taste before you buy' feature, just like perfume. It is up to the koi breeder and forwarding agaent to delever the good soya-sauce, or koi, but the koi importor should definately put the soay-sauce in a transparent bottle.

Keeping the bad importor name secret is doing this hobby a un-service: we are actually helping to create a protective shield for the importors. Similar, keeping the names of the japanese agents and breeders secret is the best way to encourage them continue on the bad practice, and have the hobbyist foot the bill.

stan

Hi all

just an update , the person in question has now contacted all the people they sold koi to.

thanks steve

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123