Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The next polyurea pond to be shot is?

Sounds like a plan, discount by the bulk!

Looks like I gotta make a plan to drive over with a few sixers and lawn chair. Gonna have to watch this even unfold.

Joe

Akino's pond is being done by "Dunkel" with supervison from Zuber....

Ok guys,
    Tonio finaly got it right! You buy him books and send him to school, and all he wants to do is flirt with the Teacher! Seriously though, Jeff Duncal, of Aquatic Coatings, is the man who is spraying my pond. Jeff is a diciple of Tim & Adam Zuber who started this form of pond construction. I went with Jeff because of his great enthusiasm and desire to do a first class installation. Jeff has gone all out to get the very best equipment to do this work, and he wants Tim & Adam to be there and help in his first few ponds. I can't wait!
    The pond is 16ft. wide X 20ft. long and 5.5ft. at the edge dropping to 6.5 at the drain. Its this way mainly because of Jeff's input when Erwinsan brought him and CoCoboy over for a visit one day. Deeper and straiter sides he kept saying!!
    Jeff was so convincing, he even had my wife agreeing with him! This is no small feat! Anyway, I had witnesses so she couldnt back down. Thanks guys!
    At the moment my plan for filtration is two medium size Vortex Filters, the second one filled with J-mat, going into an Ultima-II Bead filter from Champion Koi. From there it will go into the Biofalls and back to the pond. Also the skimmer will be pumped through another bead filter, and then back via two return jets which will get the water moving in a circular motion. I hope thats enough, but if not, I'll add whatever it needs.
    Koi-Unit
    " Da Best" Chapter
    xxx

A-San I think you need a Photographer... I also think you need to PM me the date.... So I can run to Costco and get some bulk treats for all of us. Photos are free for you man.. I do those for friends for free or friends in need...

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by keokoi
    A-San I think you need a Photographer... I also think you need to PM me the date.... So I can run to Costco and get some bulk treats for all of us. Photos are free for you man.. I do those for friends for free or friends in need...

Joe
    I'll bring the Saki...were goin to have a pond party!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Akinosan
    Ok guys,
    The pond is 16ft. wide X 20ft. long and 5.5ft. at the edge dropping to 6.5 at the drain. Its this way mainly because of Jeff's input when Erwinsan brought him and CoCoboy over for a visit one day. Deeper and straiter sides he kept saying!!
    Jeff was so convincing, he even had my wife agreeing with him! This is no small feat! Anyway, I had witnesses so she couldnt back down. Thanks guys!
    At the moment my plan for filtration is two medium size Vortex Filters, the second one filled with J-mat, going into an Ultima-II Bead filter from Champion Koi. From there it will go into the Biofalls and back to the pond. Also the skimmer will be pumped through another bead filter, and then back via two return jets which will get the water moving in a circular motion. I hope thats enough, but if not, I'll add whatever it needs.
    Aquinosan,

A couple of more questions about your plumbing/filtration is you don't mind. Will you have one or two bottom drains? What kind of skimmer are you using? Is the first vortex just for settlement? Will you be adding anything to it like a VMS or static k1? How much room do you have for additional filtration?

-Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Akinosan
    Ok guys,
    The pond is 16ft. wide X 20ft. long and 5.5ft. at the edge dropping to 6.5 at the drain. ....
    Aquinosan,

A couple of more questions about your plumbing/filtration is you don't mind. Will you have one or two bottom drains? What kind of skimmer are you using? Is the first vortex just for settlement? Will you be adding anything to it like VMS or static k1? How much room do you have for additional filtration?

Thanks,
    Dan

Edit: sorry for the double post
    Last edited by dcny; 07-05-2005 at 12:53 PM. Reason: double post

Hey Dan,
    Yes the first chamber will be for settlement only. I'm very limited on room for additional filtration, but I'll do whatever I can. The only media I was planning on is J-mat in the bio and honeycomb beads in the bead-filter.

oops!

I'm sorry Dan, one 4" bottom drain, floating skimmer.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast