Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Breeding update - Shiro's and Kohaku

More culling

Culled out another 10 today, now down to 50 or so. The culled Koi had what looked like pinched faces and when turned over the bottom jaw didnt seem like it had developed properly.

A few pictures of some of the remaining Koi, some of which are 70-75mm (3") now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Breeding update - Shiro's and Kohaku-dscn1617shoal-1.jpg   Breeding update - Shiro's and Kohaku-dscn1622shoal-1.jpg   Breeding update - Shiro's and Kohaku-dscn1623shoal-1.jpg  

Hi Bob

They are coming along well. I would be interested to see what you have culled. It would be a good learning in what not to keep.

Bradley

Hi Bradley,

I didnt keep any of them sorry. I wasnt able to net out all of the 50 or so, so I'm sure there are still a few more with deformaties yet to be culled, I'll get some pictures next time!

Havent started culling the Kohaku's yet, in my opinion they are still too small. I dont ant to cull and decent ones, as many look just plain yellow at present. Some of the Tonie's which I've moved across to the Shiro tank, have patterns already, but these are twice the size of the majority.

Couple of pictures of some of them, last picture shows a Tobie I put back just to show the size difference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Breeding update - Shiro's and Kohaku-dscn1605shoal-1.jpg   Breeding update - Shiro's and Kohaku-dscn1609shoal-1.jpg   Breeding update - Shiro's and Kohaku-dscn1613shoal-1.jpg  
    Regards, Bob
    ><{{{{> ><{{{{> ><{{{{>
    <}}}}>< <}}}}><

That red-headed Showa could win in the under 3.5" class. .... Thanks for the progress shots. Very enjoyable.

Least now you'll be able to appreciate what all goes in to the task of raising the next generation of shiro/showa/kohaku Grand champs!

Certainly Dick, I've got a lot of things wrong with this first attempt, it's been fun and if I get one half decent Koi from it all I'll be happy. Hope to get two from the Kohaku's!

Thanks Mike, not sure there's a class like that yet!

You never know Bob you may get a few to many and have to pass some on I am just imagining what all those look like now as last time i visited you was extending the shed and awaiting a new shipment of babies

Gazza,

I'm sure you're coming to the SE show next weekend, come back here afterwards and take your pick! You can take the Kohaku Tobie's as well, they are quite large.

Give you something to put in your growing on tank.

Hi mate yes i will be going to the show...well i hope to anyway when are you going?? Or are you going to have a VAT set up selling new koi

I'll be there both days Gaz. Sunday with the missus and Kids and Monday for a decent look around on my own. Des will be there Sunday as well, with his family, so Pol will have some company this time and all the Girlie's can chat together. Why dont you bring your lot on the Sunday?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast