Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dainichi Sanke for comments

Sansai

Dainichi Sanke for comments

Do you guys ever experience post-koi show blues? It looks like after every show, at least in Malaysia, the koi scene becomes very quiet. I suppose it could be because our show was held in May during which time till autum in Japan when no good new kois are expected at our shores.

Anyway I would like to share and invite comments on another tosai of mine that I bought in May to hopefully create some excitement during this quiet times. Like my Sakai Kohaku she is in the mudpond to be harvested this autumn. This attached picture was scanned from the cert they gave me and as such is a bit blurry. Please do not hesitate to give your much appreciated comments, good or bad.

Thanks and have a great weekend. I know I will as I will be taking my youngest 7 yr old Koi Kichi son to witness koi being harvested from a mudpond by one of our dealers.

Cheers, dtbh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dainichi Sanke for comments-dainichi-tosai-jun04-30cm-may05.jpg  

OO LA LA...I really like this one!! When this Sanke develops it looks like it is goin to have more Subo Sumi...The skin quality is very good... The beni pattern is flowery and not to complicated. This Sanke can only get better as it grows and mature.

Nice sanke! Like the subo sumi and its gonna look good when they connect.. Nice to see a Sanke by Dainichi...

very beautiful Sanke !!!

The shape of the head is beautiful, and the Shiro on the head is so pristine. The red seems too bright, but I expect that is the result of the color resolution involved in the photography. I personally do not like the Hi pattern by the right eye. Otherwise, the Hi pattern is impressive. This fish will make quite an impression if the Hi comes along strong.

You have quite the little find there!

Tategoi
    Very good looking little fish. Beautiful white, nice strong sumi appearing on the shoulder, lovely pattern balance. Keep us posted on this one!!

I'm quite impressed with the potential of the black. located mostly in the white.

When it quits it's growth spurt and begins to fill in, it will be a very imposing koi!

Feed him plenty...you have a winner there!!!!!!!

That is a friggin NICE Sanke......Nice subo sumi, nice Shiro, Nice beni.... Dam I would put that fish in my pond in a heart beat....

Sansai
    Thanks a lot to all of you for your comments. It is very encouraging to note that I have not made a mistake in buying this koi by looking at a photograph (the same one that is attached here). Photos as you all know can be very deceiving esp on the beni and shiroji. However they do not normally "tell lies" about the body shape/frame. I just love the good body shape (with a big head, long body and thick tail tube) and the sumi quality of this tosai.

I think I will enjoy this sanke for a long time. I will post more photos of her when she comes back end of this year.

Thanks again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast