Home | About Us | Contact Us

Koi Forum - Koi-Bito Magazine straight from Japan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pond Filtration

Pond Filtration

If you were going to a 10,000 gallon pond what would you use for filtration on it?

Tom

If you have the means, at least two settling chambers, and a Bakki Shower.

Prolly same thing that I got now plus Bakki shower.. 3 settlement chambers bead..

Joe

on our 10,000, we go from (2) 4" bottom drains, to (1) 400 gallon settlement tank, then go to a 1/3 sunami pump, to a Ultima 20,000 them to (2) 350 gallon bio filters with 24" high japanese matting cartridges. them viper 175 Uv, to waterfall. We then have an Artesian 1/3 going to an Ultima 10,00 running our 2 mid and 2 lower jets

If we had to do it all again ( which Frank will most likely do), we would have 1 more settlement chamber, and more bio filtration. And a 20,000 gallon pond

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M.
    on our 10,000, we go from (2) 4" bottom drains, to (1) 400 gallon settlement tank, then go to a 1/3 sunami pump, to a Ultima 20,000 them to (2) 350 gallon bio filters with 24" high japanese matting cartridges. them viper 175 Uv, to waterfall. We then have an Artesian 1/3 going to an Ultima 10,00 running our 2 mid and 2 lower jets

If we had to do it all again ( which Frank will most likely do), we would have 1 more settlement chamber, and more bio filtration. And a 20,000 gallon pond

Good point Nancy... I would probably add another settlement( gotta love those things..... ) !

Quote Originally Posted by Tom C
    If you were going to a 10,000 gallon pond what would you use for filtration on it?

Tom
    Minimum of three circuits. At least two bottom drains feeding two separate filtration circuits that include mechanical (separation is better than trapping) and bio (aerated moving bed and/or shower/tt). Plus a skimmer circuit with UV and bead for fines filtering.

-Dan

How much does a Bakki shower add to a system.

The reason for the question is I am VERY unhappy with my Nexus units. If I had to do it again I would have never added them. In my eyes they are a waste of good money. I might remove them and redo all the filtration if I have to inorder to get better looking water.

I was thinking 2 settlement tanks, one to each bottom drain. From that I don't know what I want. I would have a bead filter on each skimmer. Anyone have any suggestions?

Tom

Keep it simple, keep it straight Koi-Bito.com

Tosai
    what is the matter with your nexus then, i have one, and rate it the best filteration on the market.

Nisai
    Take it the clarity is the problem with the Nexus.

I know someone who has added 26ft of block built filters to solve his clarity issues with the Nexus.

Here is what i would do:-

10,000 gallons = settlement min of 5% (500g) I will have more than 10% on my current build.

Guess i would be looking for around 1000 - 1500g settlement from two bottom drains with a chamber of brushes to trap the last of the large particles then through 2 x 4" pipes to fluidized K1 (keeps that excellant media for parameters from the Nexus) and then masses of Jap Matting if you make the chamber for Jap Matting 500mm wide you can get 4 sections of matting from each sheet you buy.

Run a separate skimmer filters would be ideal (here in the UK with an outdoor pond the Bacci Shower absorbs the cool winter air temp so i found other means)

But,

skimmer basket then a bacci shower would work giving more bio on your skimmers. Could go through some more jap matting to trap fines if you wish.

Just my thoughts,
    Last edited by greg; 07-16-2005 at 02:36 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes yet again
    Greg.

"The target is within"

Hey Nancy . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy M.
    you guys planning on moving, or what? Thought you were pretty much built out up there? Don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast